Oscraps

In the Twilight Hours
B

In the Twilight Hours

i dont have any little ones nor do my immediate friends to create pages, so I have to make a Halloween story up.

Journaling: Hes remembered as their dear beloved little boy and the tragic loss of him changed them forever. They keep a photo of him in a prominent place in their house and left his room just as it was when he left them. But he misses them also, they hear him call out to them, Mummy! Daddy! Of course the people in the village think theyve gone mad from grief, but they know hes still in the house. Theyve seen him running down the hallway and playing in his room just like he used to do in life.

ArtsyTransfers MiniTwilightArtsyTransferMiniTwilight
ArtPlay MiniPalette Twilight PLUS BONUSArtPlayMiniPaletteTwilightPLUSBONUS
SpookyGlows No. 1SpookyGlowsNo.1

Notes: Artsy paper 2 as my foundation, I brought in the photo of the boy and using a reverse layer mask, brought him back out, reducing the brush opacity to give him a ghostly look. Underneath the photo and to the right, I placed an artsy transfer, brushing away the harsh edge with an AnnaBlendz brush and blended some of the layers to also give it a ghostly look.

Adding in the brush from the kit to the left, I created a moon with the Elliptical Tool behind it. Using the star button, duplicating and resizing it, I added a yellow drop shadow underneath them then used a brush to put the dots in the sky behind them. I added the title and pasted in the journaling.

I gave the moon, brush of the buildings, title and dots in the sky a bevel and emboss. Over the moon and boy I added the spooky glows, changing the color of the glow to yellow over the boy with a Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer. I didnt want to introduce another color to the page. And I believe that finished the page.
Your story made me shiver for sure...that glowing yellow against the black background is super effective...spooky!

Une trs belle page mystrieuse. Je suis d'accord le fond jaune fonctionne trs bien.

Love the yellow. The moon and silhouettes against the light and the dark background.

Congrats! Your beautiful layout was just featured on Oscraps Instagram!

Follow us @ https://www.instagram.com/oscraps/

Fabulous! I love the glowing yellow's and the story! SPOOK-tacular!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout