Oscraps

Holiday Traditions
Myoldanlac

Holiday Traditions

Layout done for Carla's Holiday Challenge
Journaling:
I have sat in front of a blank computer screen for the better part of the day thinking about this phrase. The words Holiday Traditions what do they meanto me, my husband, my girls, my family??
What kind of memories am I, are we leaving the
girls? Will they look back on the Holiday Season
with fondness or with a sense of regret? Will they be bitter or filled with joy when recalling our Holiday Traditions?? Do we really even have any?I have a picture in my mind of what the
Holiday's are supposed to look likebut I never seem to achieve that picture. No matter how hard I try.My picture looks like a, family all togetehr, everyone laughing and smiling, no fighting , no tears,no bitterness, no resentments, no pressure for everything to be just right. And lots of food and good cheer to go with it. We have little traditions -the festive
seasons starts the weekend of the Santa Clause Parade, then comes the tree, usually within a week of the parade. There is shopping to be done
gifts to be wrapped. Each year the girls
get a new Chrsitmas outfit, dress shoes.
Christmas Eve is spent at Church , followed
by some type of feast in the evening.
Christmas morning consists of Coffee cake
and mini-quiche, which is miraculously
always the smell that greets the girls
as they wake up in the morning.
I pray each year that my dreams will
come true for a picture perfect Holiday!!
Kit - Spirit of the Holidays by Carla Gibson
T
Krista this is stunning! I love that red paper and the journaling you did down the side! Love that snowhill too! You guys look so cold, but snuggled! Great lo!

Krista - sounds like you already have the picture of a perfect holiday! You'll be surprised at what your children will remember. They won't remember the presents, but they will remember the good times, the feelings they felt inside and the smells of Christmas. The magic! Gorgeous layout, love the photo. You all look really cold though! Thank you for participating in my challenge. It's fun seeing what other people do!

What powerful journaling! TFS, Krista!! I love the pic, too. Such a sweet, wonderful family!!

I just love your family photo here, all snuggled up against that wonderful snowy background :) I love your journalling, it was wonderful - Happy Christmas to you and your family!

Thta journaling is what it is all about hon. (((hugs)) for sharing this. And love the LO with the snow on the bottom, works perfect with that freezing cold picture :)

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Myoldanlac
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout