Oscraps

Herring Run
musicmom3

Herring Run

There are herring ladders all over Cape Cod to help the fish swim upstream, and even though it was early in the season, we were lucky enough to find an active site. The first day there were a sizable number of fish pooling at the ladder base but no jumpers. Two days later the population had increased, and there were enough scout fish (the ones who jump first) to lead their followers up the ladder. The runmasters told us that in the next few days the number of fish would quadruple—it's a thriving population now after many years of decimation.

I started my design by shrinking the template just a bit to allow room for word art—this is always an issue for me with FotoInspired templates if I wait until the end when every space is taken and the layout is as packed as...a stream full of herring. I fiddled with the template, enlarging some frames, removing others, and got my journaling and photos in place. I chose a relatively plain Artsy paper for the background, intending to use the dotty transfers and brushes (recolored) from the Artplay Palette. I did some gold brushwork just to give the baby top some company.

One of the word labels comes from the Lush Artplay Palette, but the others are from my aA stash—all supplies but those labels are included in the Spring Value Pack #4 offer now live in the aA store. https://www.oscraps.com/shop/digital-scrapbook-spring-valuepack-04-anna-aspnes.html
  • Love
Reactions: isDK
Love that circular branch on a "circle of life" page (Oz is big time into Lion King right now). Adorable photos, love the little leg sticking out :) Never too early to start reading up!

Beautiful pictures and I like the design of your layout! Absolutely perfect...and the detail with the leg is so sweet!

Love the little hanging foot.
Looked this up because I had no idea how the ladders worked. Interesting!

Love the little hanging foot.
Looked this up because I had no idea how the ladders worked. Interesting!
At first they muddle around the base of the ladder in utter confusion, continually increasing in numbers until they're so close you could walk across their backs to the other shore. This particular spot had a white sand bottom, so the March of Fish to the ladder was quite dramatic. Since this was the beginning of the run, there was no jumping mojo yet, but the runmaster told us that once the run was fully underway it was like flying fish. Next year....

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename