Oscraps

Grandparents
Applechick

Grandparents

For UK mother's day Sara surprised me with a subscription to Storyworth which I think is a brilliant idea to get in writing all those questions you wish you had asked parents; however life has been very busy and I've not actually sat down and completed any of the tasks on paper yet but I have been giving my answers a lot of thought. As I submit the text to Storyworth I also thought I would produce a scrapbook page or two for each question or maybe even more depending on how much I want to write - Storyworth is about the stories rather than photographs. I've just used Lorem Ipsum here in the meantime and there might end up 4 columns rather than three on this page - we'll see!

I clipped the photograph to a Fotoblendz, duplicated - one layer color burn and the other soft light. This is positioned on one of the beautiful artsy papers which I moved towards the top of the page to make room for journalling. Underneath is a cream paper revealed using a soft brush eraser on 50%. Lastly I added a selection of flowers and grasses and paper texture all from the Collection.
Credits list
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: Su_Sanne
My first thought was "stop thinking & write," I tell myself that all of the time & don't pay attention, so please do. Making a scrapbook page for each is a brilliant idea! That photo is sooo cool, like passengers boarding the Titanic. Your layout is gorgeous and your daughter picks the best gifts EVER!

Wonderful Design and what a great gift from your daughter!
It is exactly what is missing so much when the grandparents and later the parents have to leave! The love, the close connection and the conversations about the connections in the family, the small and large tragedies and also happy stories. We can't ask anymore... It would be very emotional, but perhaps also liberating work on the family history.

An incredibly intriguing idea! I look forward to your pages! Love this start, with a wonderful flow across the page, great textures and almost a fracture, like, what happens?

Great idea! There are so many questions that I wished I had asked. My daughter gave us a book similar to this concept, except it was making lists of things. Beautiful blending and vintage photo.

My first thought was "stop thinking & write," I tell myself that all of the time & don't pay attention, so please do. Making a scrapbook page for each is a brilliant idea! That photo is sooo cool, like passengers boarding the Titanic. Your layout is gorgeous and your daughter picks the best gifts EVER!
You are so right - stop procrastinating and get on with it! I actually completed my first task today, it wasn't this one though it was a question about a memorable birthday... Photo was from my Aunt's wedding hence the hats!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Applechick
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename