Oscraps

Friday Jan 12
vickyday

Friday Jan 12

Journaling reads: Family Time! What a wonderful time we have together! With everyone’s busy schedules and the fact that we are scattered across four states, it is only a couple of times a year that we manage to be together. And the weekend is jammed full of activity!
Since Nathanael’s schedule is the least flexible he has chosen the dates of this gathering and our gathering last summer. He and Sam and Addy stay with us. Jessica and Terry stay with Ilene. This year Jennifer was able to come so she stayed with Ilene, too! Chance, Thad and Araya stay with Elisabeth and Brad so they can be with their cousins, Hannah, Ryan and Abby. Michael, Jessica and K stay in a nearby hotel. Unfortunately, Michael came down with the flu so they did not make the trip.
When Jessica, Terry, Jennifer, and kids got here they went to see Ilene first so she could get to see the kids for a few minutes. Then they came to our house and from here we went to Ruby Tuesday’s where we had supper reservations.
Elisabeth’s family could not join us because Ryan had a basketball game, I believe. Ilene did not join us because she had recently been sick for several weeks and did not want to be out in the rainy weather. But, since Hannah is a working girl now and was not with her family, she joined us for the meal. Nathanael, Sam and Addy were not coming into town until Saturday morning.
After a relaxing, chit-chatty meal, we parted ways since it was getting late. Jessica still had to take Chance, Thad and Araya over to Elisabeth’s for the night. And I still had some food prep to do.
Once again the weather did not cooperate with us so we could be down in the woods at our pits, so we met at Elisabeth and Brad’s for the meals. I fixed beef stew, potato soup and southwest casserole for the main entrees. I also fixed cheese ball veggie spread and lots of pretzel salad. Liz and Brad fixed garbage bread, deviled eggs and there were lots of other snacky items. We had plenty to eat all weekend!
oh, seeing another travelers notebook page just makes my heart jump from joy :)
And what a wonderful journaling! Just beatiful!

Such a wonderful family time!! Love how you used Vicki's goodies!!! Congratulations! Your layout will be featured in tonight's Monday Oscraps newsletter :beatingheart:

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Cheery O's
Added by
vickyday
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename