Challenge 1_Journaling_Family Phrase_I'm Still Here

Fonts: Beyond the Mountains and AmerType MD

lth_fallinblue_p_07
StudioRomy_paper3 and PainterlyTextures2_T11
Anna Aspnes_WarpingFrames1_7
NBK-Autumn_Whisper_ABP-07
CD_UrbanSprawl_PaintScrape3 and Tutorial, Beauty of Fusion Layouts

Photos by Sharron Lamb (me)

Im sharing the journaling because EVERYONE from the first responders, Medics, nurses, and doctors, told us we did exactly the right thing. One nurse told me that well over 80% of those who come in with heart issues are NOT having heart attacks. But they encourage people to come in if there is ANY question. I want to encourage anyone who reads this to take that advice.

Journaling:
W hen Dave went to Arizona for a week without me in January 2017, I missed him so much, that when he came home, I kept looking at him all the time. He would catch me, and say, Im still here. On March 2, he came and told me he wasnt feeling good and thought he needed to go to the hospital, fearing a heart attack. I called 911, and he was taken to Valley Medical Center. Every test came back normal, so though he was very uncomfortable for several hours, he came home with me that night. Then his neck was so sore, I feared meningitis. But the consulting nurse had us try Tylenol and heat. That gave him enough relief so he finally slept, and in the morning was better. All day, the 3rd, I kept looking at him, and he would say, Im still here. And it meant ever so much more. Were still not sure what the problem was, but Dr. Julie (our DDIL) thinks it might be strained tendons, which is not uncommon for golfers. Who knew Dave was playing such an extreme sport?
I'm so glad this turned out and that yes, "he is still here". Maybe tell him that it's really not how hard one swings the club ... :)

Oh wow, that must have been terrifying Sharron! I am glad that he is ok, and a great reminder for everyone to not take any chances (esp women who are notorious for toughing things out) Your journaling is so heartfelt, and I love the contrast of the two photos which summarize how he was feeling perfectly

Wow... How frightening... I love your take on it all from your words to his and the page... Beautifully recorded!

How scary and what a relief. I love that he kept saying that. Such a special story to share with us. Thank you!

Oh I'm so glad Dave is okay. I love your journaling to document this scary moment and the photos! Your stories are always so heart warming. I like the treatment on the blended photo also. Great job on the challenge.

What a story ! But i think that you love that sentence.
Love your blending !

I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying that must have been for you. I'm so glad it all ended well and you were able to scrap a memorable page.

Layout information

Category
Challenge 1
Added by
SharLamb
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout