Oscraps

Buon Viaggio Sophia!
B

Buon Viaggio Sophia!

In the beginning of September, my granddaughter Sophia is heading for Milan, Italy for 9 months of schooling and seeing the sights. She will have a crash course in the Italian language to be sure. I so admire her adventurous spirit. This is all happening through the Rotary Club. I will try not to worry too much.

ArtPlay Palette VieArtPlayPaletteVie
FotoBlendz Overlays No. 16FotoBlendzOverlaysNo.16
Life WordART Mix No. 2LifeWordARTMixNo.2
Splatters No. 7SplattersNo.7
PaperTextures No. 11PaperTexturesNo.11
ArtsyTransfers VieArtsyTransfersVie
WarmGlows No. 1WarmGlowsNo.1

Notes: Starting with solid paper 5 and clipping the photo to a photoblendz, I duplicated the photo two more times and blending the mask to Darker Color, first photo on Normal and second and third photo copies to Screen and Overlay respectively. Bringing in another fotoblendz over the top part of the photo and clipping a fourth copy of the photo to it. I blended the mask too Soft Light. It brought out the Italian flag a little more. Over this clipping set I added the Warm Glow.

A third fotoblendz was brought in over the bottom part of the original photo clipping set and the Italian city photo was clipped to it. The mask was blended to Linear Burn and the photo left on Normal. I duplicated the photo and made it black and white, turning down the opacity to allow some of the color to show through from the original photo. The black and white copy was blended to Vivid Light.

From there I fleshed out the page with a transfer from the kit underneath the clipping sets along with an art stroke from an artsy transfer. Over these layers I added the splatters, paper texture word art transfer and a brush from the kit. Finally I added the title.
I love how you have captured her excitement and energy! I hope she has a wonderful time!

What a wonderful experience she should have. At least with electronics, you can keep in touch quicker and easier than old snail mail.

Oh my word, I love the color play here along with the textures!!! Congratulations, your page has been featured in the Gallery Standouts Finger Pointing Blog for August 29th!!! You can see the entry here - http://gallerystandouts.com/fingerpointing/2019/finger-pointing-august-29th-7/

I like the happy colors and the feeling of excitement. Congrats on your GSO!

What a fun adventure she has ahead! So much energy! Congrats on the GSO!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout