Oscraps

Attitude of Gratitude Day 2 - Savor
vickyday

Attitude of Gratitude Day 2 - Savor

Journaling reads: Today's prompt is "a smell." The first thing I thought of was the smell of coffee brewing, but I forgot to capture a picture.

But, then, at church tonight I thought of the "sweet smelling savour" that the Lord takes pleasure in. The first mention of the word, "savour" is found in Genesis 8:21 after God caused the rain to stop and the flood waters to abate and the Ark came to rest on Mt. Ararat, Noah offered a sacrifice unto the Lord....."And the Lord smelled a sweet savour....." John Gill's commentary on this says, "he (the Lord) was delighted and well pleased with his (Noah's) sacrifice, which was offered up in the faith of the sacrifice of Christ; the apostle says, "is for a sweetsmelling savour," (Ephesians 5:2 - "And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.") referring to this passage; that being a satisfaction to the justice of God, an appeasing of his wrath, and a propitiation for the sins of men."

So, today I am thankful for the freedom to attend church where I can worship with fellow believers, sing praises, and pray and receive instruction from God's word as Bobby preaches. I believe this pleases God, which is a sweet smelling savor (scent) to Him! 11/2/2022
Credits list
All product by Anna Aspnes:
ScriptTease Life Overlays No 1
Enjoy WordMix No 1
ArtPlay Palette Savor
Fonts are Arial Narrow and Aprillica Regular
Photo is mine
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
I believe your layout is a "sweet smelling savour" to the Lord. Beautiful scripture layout!

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Cheery O's
Added by
vickyday
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename