Oscraps

anna-release-29-may-2020 ArtPlay Lost Collection Crochet Mandala
dwsewbiz

anna-release-29-may-2020 ArtPlay Lost Collection Crochet Mandala

When choosing an ArtPlay Palette, the primary consideration is color. The ArtPlay Lost collection colors look so nice with my crochet mandala project :) Normally I wait until I've completed a project to document it, but this subscription project is a new experience.

Background is Artsy Papers (left turned 90 degrees) plus Artsy Transfers.
On the left I used the ArtPlay Frame plus a Custom Shape (Rounded Corner for the Instagram screen shot). On the right I used Frames from the Artsy Layered Template, resized and rearranged, plus a Framed Mask.
Added elements (some recolored) to create flow and Visual Triangles.
For the Framed Mask on the right, I filled the Mask with blue, then brushed away some of the photo for a primitive extraction (taking photos on a dark solid background really helps with this!).
My new favorite title technique - duplicate title, fill with white, nudge and add drop shadow to the underneath white version.
Credits list
AnnaRelease 29 May 2020 Lost Collection
ArtPlay Palette Lost
Framed Masks 7
Lost Artsy Layered Template
Lost WordArt Mix
Artsy Transfers Lost
Urban Threadz 21

Acrylic Alpha No 1 (an old favorite!)
ArtPLay Palette Jouer (giraffe ruler - set to Hard Light)
LOVE your delightful page and I love the colors and your beautiful crochet work. the butterflies are so perfectly placed and it is a dreamy double page!

What a great crochet work, so very handsome, the photos are beautiful, I love the elements you've added, awesome pages!!

Love the colorful crochet Mandalas and butterflies! So talented!

It's beautiful. I saw this kit on FB and some others in the monthly subscription. I'm glad you posted your progress and mentioned that you had to change hook sizes. It always looks easier than it is but I know yours will be fantastic when it's complete.

It's beautiful. I saw this kit on FB and some others in the monthly subscription. I'm glad you posted your progress and mentioned that you had to change hook sizes. It always looks easier than it is but I know yours will be fantastic when it's complete.
Thanks! It's not on gauge, even though I dropped hook size and tried to crochet tighter. But I think it will work out. The video instruction is really good. I'm learning, which I like :)

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename