Oscraps

His Fur Coat
musicmom3

His Fur Coat

A page for my Cape Cod album, featuring our trip to Edward Gorey's house in Yarmouth Port. I've always been a fan so this was a really cool excursion for me. One of Gorey's notorious fur coats was on display, and the director of the museum told us that Gorey swore off fur after befriending a family of raccoons who had moved into his attic shortly after buying the house on the Cape. He put all his coats in storage (21 of them) and in his will bequeathed his estate to benefit animal welfare.

To make this layout, I started with the Artsy Layered Template, moving all the layers to the left so the artistry would be centered on the page, then tweaking the position of some of the decorative layers. I added the Fotoblendz then populated the layout with my images. The ArtsyKards made cool mats for the framed photos. I had to juggle to fit all my text because I didn't want to leave anything out, but I managed.
  • Love
Reactions: zlemon and ksacry
Love how you have the center blended photo and the re-coloring of the supplies to give that pop of yellow. The character behind the glass door is so fun!

On your pages is always so much to see, a great blended photo, also beautiful photos!! I love the journal, this page could be from a designer, a great tribute!! ;)

Congratulations on the GSO, so well deserved!!!!!

What an interesting read! Love all the blending and textures. Congrats on your GSO!

Great photos of an interesting collection! Love the yellows. Congrats on the GSO!

I like how that splash of sunshine yellow brightens up the artsy paper and the collection of photos. Gives the whole page a fun energy. Enjoyed your journaling.
Congratulations of the GSO!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata