Oscraps

anna-aspnes-digital-art-project-2022-diane-PTA8-december9-10.jpg
dwsewbiz

anna-aspnes-digital-art-project-2022-diane-PTA8-december9-10.jpg

Decided to combine 2 days on a page, with stories of threads and sewing and "patterns".

Reuse of an ArtPlay Palette Patience background from an earlier page, and I added in ArtPlay Simplicity for more pink (even though our friend's new baby is a boy) and ArtPlay Strawberry Preserve to match the logo of my new friend's vintage clothing business (talked about on the December 6 page)
The biggest challenge with very busy pages like this is how and where to embellish. Just a few buttons, bows and brads to create visual triangles and move the eye around.
  • Love
Reactions: Marleen and lacy
Love this so much, especially the pattern envelopes and all the pinks.

Now that Simplicity pattern sure does bring back memories. My Mum sewed all our clothes when I was young and I also sewed when my daughter was little. Haven't touched a sewing machine in years!!

Love this great pages, so much sweet clothes and your beautiful selfmade crochet blanket, I love the photos!!

I love that you included the patterns! I gave up sewing when the bobbin thread broke just one too many times. The color and flow here are awesome, as is the story.

I love that you included the patterns! I gave up sewing when the bobbin thread broke just one too many times. The color and flow here are awesome, as is the story.
Everyone hates bobbin thread breaking, or running out. That used to be my cue to end the sewing for the day. I still dabble, and would do more if it wasn't darned easier to just sit in a comfy chair and crochet ;-)

Wonderful weaving of these stories together. I love your journaling under the baby's photo, especially that it comes at the end.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename