ArchiTextures 4 ArchiTextures 4
Sojourn WordArt Mix 1 Sojourn WordArt Mix 1
Artplay Palette Summer Breeze Artplay Palette Summer Breeze
Artplay Palette Viaggio (edge overlay) Artplay Palette Viaggio
Artplay Palette Across the Miles (splatter) Artsy Transfers Chatter
Artsy Transfers Love Letters (splatter) Artsy Transfers Love Letters
Cool Glow 2 Cool Glow 2

Process
I began with a solid paper from the new APP Sojourn. The photo is an old photo of my father from the late 30s and very yellow and faded. I duplicated it several times changing the blending mode to multiply, added a layer mask and erased (hid) the darkest areas around the horse. The layers were merged. The photo was clipped to the mask of a Framed Mask 2 and the blending mode was changed to darken to blend out the very white portions of the image. Part of the frame and shadow were hidden using a layer mask. A transfer from APP Summer Breeze was added. ArchiTextures 4 brushes were stamped on, blending mode changed to soft light and duplicated several times to darken the images. The blending mode of the Cool Glow 2 was changed to color, slightly desaturated. Brushes, splatters, overlays, word art and embellishments were added to complete the page.
Thank you for looking!
I love the brush work and white spatters on your page. I always love your blending, its always so well thought out. And what a great photo of your Dad with the castle brush in the background, they look like they belong together.

beautiful composition- I'd never thought of changing the blending mode on the cool glows. Must try that out

I love how you created an atmosphere for your photo! The Camelot reference is so warm and light-hearted. Love what you've done here.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout