Oscraps

PSCC 2024 Show Transform Box disappeared

mimes1

CHEERY O
Hi Everyone, I'm on PSCC 2024, and last night the "Show Transform Controls" box disappeared on the bar at the top, opposite the auto-select box. I can go to the settings and turn them on and off from there, but not from the usual toggle. Has anyone experienced this or know how to get that control button back onto the bar at the top? Thank you very much!

mimes1

CHEERY O
I was hopeful! But that little box is unchecked correctly. As I'm working tonight, it appears that the bounding box will disappear when the layer is clicked off of. (That's terrible English but I don't know how else to write it). Currently everything is working OK, I haven't needed to go into the settings to turn it off - so I'm thinking it's an auto update for CC.

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
I was hopeful! But that little box is unchecked correctly. As I'm working tonight, it appears that the bounding box will disappear when the layer is clicked off of. (That's terrible English but I don't know how else to write it). Currently everything is working OK, I haven't needed to go into the settings to turn it off - so I'm thinking it's an auto update for CC.
I am sorry that that didn't fix it for you...maybe submit a ticket? I don't know if that is something we can do, I haven't had to yet...it looks like the forum is often where peeps ask stuff. I have CC, too, and mine is still here, so I don't know :sad2:

mimes1

CHEERY O
Hmmm. I think there are no brain cells for that tonight. It's working, albeit a little differently. I'll poke around with it tomorrow. Thank you for your help!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@mimes1 Amy are you talking about this little transform button being ticked?
1714188889891.png

If so, double check that the Extra option is ticked, under the View menu - sometimes I turn it off accidently if I hit the CTRL+H keys by mistake. :)

1714189030033.png

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
My "Show Transform Controls" box is Unchecked...am I missing out on stuff? lol I really don't know PS all that well, constantly learning. Oh, BTW Ona, that issue I had with being locked into whatever the transform tool wants me to do, I just hold down the Shift button and can take control on my own. I know you told me some stuff to do, but I think it might have been different? If not, sorry....just wanted to share what I learned from Googling more...lol

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@mimes1

Amy, from the guide in help area https://oscraps.com/community/threa...-profiles-preferences-or-passwords-etc.33223/

Adding a signature:
You can *create your signature in your preferred program, the finished size should be a maximum of 200px high x 600px wide. (*In Photoshop I started with a 300dpi (H)1200px x (W)3600px psd document and created my signature in it. I then saved it as a jpg file, and then changed the Image size to 72dpi, (H)200px x (W)600px before using the Export (Save to Web) option to keep the file size down as much as possible - try to keep it under 50kb to be on the safe side. )
  1. Upload your siggie to your gallery or to an offsite platform you already use.
  2. In your gallery select the Copy Image link: (found under the layout on the right hand side). Just click on it once to highlight it and then use CTRL + C to copy.
    7fRD3MxOjRK7HcFGWOMusBM58g7CptEtEn-pXcG3TgMNzS7AZnUldqNaHGuqfoAnLFLtx_vZQIkrFJ9Ebx0L9seeU-GODwyrEWO1JURHTko8k5B_z_gQOF9_3rgUmd178HRySFk
  3. Click on your Username (top of screen) and select Signature
  4. In the Signature edit box, enter some text if you wish to and centre it if needed.
  5. Click the Insert Image icon and paste the link you copied in Step 1 above (or paste the link you copied from your off-site hosting platform).
  6. Click the Save button.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
My "Show Transform Controls" box is Unchecked...am I missing out on stuff? lol I really don't know PS all that well, constantly learning. Oh, BTW Ona, that issue I had with being locked into whatever the transform tool wants me to do, I just hold down the Shift button and can take control on my own. I know you told me some stuff to do, but I think it might have been different? If not, sorry....just wanted to share what I learned from Googling more...lol
Jenn, it depends on what you have ticked in your Preferences area, this is what I have ticked here. See the Use Legacy Free Transform, you might have that one ticked is why you don't see the transform box?

1714190396939.png

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@joyfulheartdesigns Can't stand that Home Screen button, drives me crazy everytime they update CC! :bs::angry4::voodoodoll: and I came over to CC from PSE a couple of years back and in PSE you never had to hold down the CTRL+T keys to get the Transform tool, that used to annoy me to! lol! So when CC changed to not having to do that I was like :cloud9: . Just call me "hey'ona" that works! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::lol23:

mimes1

CHEERY O
I just changed my settings to yours above Ona. And the show transform control box still isn't there.

mimes1

CHEERY O
Maybe I don't need it? Not sure why it disappeared all of a sudden.
What is the Home Screen button that you're talking about?

mimes1

CHEERY O
How does one do that? Just went to the signature edit and moved it over with the keyboard spacer, saved it, and it didn't change.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I didnt do that since the change so I'll check that. Stand by. Still trying to figure out how to CENTER my siggie! ;) You know, when in Rome!!
Just drag over your image first (and or text) to highlight first then click on the adjustment option and select the center one:
1714192045045.png