Oscraps

**WINNERS**Scrap 100 (final task) - 275 Photos Challenge @ Joanne Brisebois Designs!

joannebrisebois

Designer
image.php

275 Photos Challenge

Welcome to the Scrap 100 part of this challenge and the final task in the Scrap 275 Photos Challenge! Since this is our biggest challenge yet, it will run until the end of June to give all of us enough time to finish this challenge!

Scrapping 10, 15, 25, 50 or 75 Photos this Month?

Just like last month, this final challenge welcomes everyone - both new and previous participants - to jump in and scrap a layout with any of the smaller numbers from the previous challenges - 10, 15, 25, 50 & 75 - without the goal of getting to 100 photos.

Scrapping 100 Photos?

Last month we scrapped 75 photos - this month we're adding 25 extra photos. There are many different manageable ways we can approach this challenge and these strategies (plus a little time and determination) is everything you'll need to get your 100 photos scrapped by the end of June.

Just like the challenges from the previous months, your challenge over the next month is to be inspired by (and scrap) 100 photos - these can all come from the same day or can span decades. These 100 photos can be scrapped on one single page or can be celebrated over a series of pages - your choice! Feel free to use multiple themes too!

If you're like me I need to have a plan of action that can help break this task into more manageable steps. Here are a set of "formulas" of different combinations of photos (and mask/quick pages sets) that will get you to 100 photos:

100 (single page)
50 + 50 (two pages)
75 + 25 (two pages)
50 + 25 + 25 (three pages)
75 + 15 + 10 (three pages)
25 + 25 + 25 + 25 (four pages)
50 + 15 + 15 + 10 + 10 (five pages)
25 + 25 + 25 + 15 + 10 (five pages)
25 + 25 + 15 + 15 + 10 + 10 (six pages)
25 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 10 + 10 + 10 (seven pages)
15 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 (eight pages)

For a little more guided inspiration, you can do what I did for my Scrap 100 layout and be inspired by the story starter "100 times I/We. . .". Find 100 photos from 100 different days/months/years and celebrate the themeatic link that joins the photos together. Feel free to create a card, a single layout or series of layouts, or any other project.

Use any of the freebies from the Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Quick Pages or Masks + Line Frames Packs or any other products from
my shoppe, then post your masterpiece(s) in my gallery here by midnight EST on Friday, June 30th, 2017.

Your Toolbox

For everyone scrapping with 50+ photos for this challenge I have two packs that will help get you motivated and scrapping!

Still Life Collection: 50 + 75 + 100 Quick Pages Pack

Still Life Collection: 50 + 75 + 100 Masks & Line Frames

For everyone scrapping 10, 15 & 25 photos - these two packs will give you everything you need to complete this month's challenge.

Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Quick Pages Pack

Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Masks & Line Frames

Freebie (Freebie has expired)
I have turned on both freebies from the beginning of this challenge to help get you to whatever your scrapped photos goal is this month!

Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Quick Pages Pack Sampler
image.php

Still Life Collection: 10 + 15 + 25 Masks & Line Frames Sampler
image.php

The Prizes

Everyone who participates in this challenge will receive a gift coupon for $3 to
my shoppe (one coupon per customer).

I am also giving away two $10 coupons to my shoppe to two lucky participants in a random draw at the end of this challenge (one coupon per customer)!

Don’t forget to come back to this thread to post a link to your layout, so that we can leave you some love!

Feel free to submit as many layouts as you like! The more you enter, the greater your chances will be to win the $10 coupon!

Last edited by a moderator:

felis

Excited, nostalgic and also pretty curious do you plan some new adventure for the next months?!
I'm chose my photos and had a vision for the pages just need to find time to make it.
Think to try 2 x 50 pages.
It would be nice also one of this long pages with 100 photos, but have to figure out how resizing to appropriate for upload size to not make it too blur.

joannebrisebois

Designer
Excited, nostalgic and also pretty curious do you plan some new adventure for the next months?!
I'm chose my photos and had a vision for the pages just need to find time to make it.
Think to try 2 x 50 pages.
It would be nice also one of this long pages with 100 photos, but have to figure out how resizing to appropriate for upload size to not make it too blur.

Absolutely, I will have some new adventures & challenges for us after this one! The 100 quick page does will make the photos very small when resized. Please share if you find a formula that makes your layout small enough to upload in the gallery, but doesn't compress the photos too much to cause that blur. :)

felis

Please share if you find a formula that makes your layout small enough to upload in the gallery, but doesn't compress the photos too much to cause that blur. :)
I still don't have decision, so I just separated the big page to 2 smaller parts, but still bigger than if I resize it whole.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save

joannebrisebois

Designer
I still don't have decision, so I just separated the big page to 2 smaller parts, but still bigger than if I resize it whole.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save

These are GORGEOUS!! Your photos are stunning and you have arranged them so beautifully on both of these pages! Your two layout strategy works wonderfully!!
Save

easyeyes4you

OK... Here comes my 75 Photos challenge took 13 pages... thus I of course cannot upload all of them... so more will be added when I can again upload... What a job this was... the correcting of these old photos was very time consuming.... not the colors, more the flaws, and things that had gotten on them etc! and these photos were in albums that are supposed to protect!... and the B & W ones of Baby Blake were polaroids that were almost gone!!! Thanks to Astrid for her photo enhancing tutorial last month... it worked for me on some of these in a way, she never expected... In looking in other sources, I also found more photos that I needed to insert backwards... 2 pages of them... ARGHHHH OK Here we go!!!!!! Pages are clickable and the unreadable words are posted in the gallery....

[IMG]https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/data/702/medium/1965-Xmas-Photo-Shoot-copy7.jpg[/IMG]

joannebrisebois

Designer
WOW!! These are gorgeous! I love how you were able to save the polaroids - who knows how long they might have lasted in the physical albums. So much work, but now this set is done and they are all so awesome! You are motivating me to start scanning family photos passed along to me from as early as the 1920s. So many of them need a lot of work, so I will definitely need to check out Astrid's tutorial.

OK... Here comes my 75 Photos challenge took 13 pages... thus I of course cannot upload all of them... so more will be added when I can again upload... What a job this was... the correcting of these old photos was very time consuming.... not the colors, more the flaws, and things that had gotten on them etc! and these photos were in albums that are supposed to protect!... and the B & W ones of Baby Blake were polaroids that were almost gone!!! Thanks to Astrid for her photo enhancing tutorial last month... it worked for me on some of these in a way, she never expected... In looking in other sources, I also found more photos that I needed to insert backwards... 2 pages of them... ARGHHHH OK Here we go!!!!!! Pages are clickable and the unreadable words are posted in the gallery....

[IMG]https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/data/702/medium/1965-Xmas-Photo-Shoot-copy7.jpg[/IMG]

easyeyes4you

WOW!! These are gorgeous! I love how you were able to save the polaroids - who knows how long they might have lasted in the physical albums. So much work, but now this set is done and they are all so awesome! You are motivating me to start scanning family photos passed along to me from as early as the 1920s. So many of them need a lot of work, so I will definitely need to check out Astrid's tutorial.

I agree... they are now restored as best as possible....

Here is the link to the thread where that tutorial was...

https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34766

It was meant to take a photo with a background that was less than desirable and turn it into a work of art... or something beautiful... you separated out the people in the foreground and then did things to the back ground... In the case of mine, the ones that were the worst I just blurred out the background and then enhanced the front part of the photo to pop as much as possible... so even though the backgrounds were not really bad, removing them as they were allowed me to be able to focus on the people. OK...I am ready to post the final 3 pages... will add them to last nights post... Well I am still blocked from posting, so it is not going to happen tonight... have a long busy day tomorrow, so will not be till tomorrow night at the earliest.... unless it refreshes in the next few minutes... only about 10 minutes to the hour... will go finish the mail!

scrap-genie

The pages you've posted so far are wonderful. I'm amazed at all the work of bringing them back. It is just super that you now have all these pages.

I'm planning to do 100 of New Mexico outside Eddy County. So far I have a list of over 400 scanned slides, but many are duplicates and many not so great, so 100 might be just about right. Still daunting! But I'm so happy to be getting this put together.

easyeyes4you

Final pages are up and linked... You find them below at the bottom for the first portion...I'm exhausted!

Thanks Jean for your nice words...

joannebrisebois

Designer
I agree... they are now restored as best as possible....

Here is the link to the thread where that tutorial was...

https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34766

It was meant to take a photo with a background that was less than desirable and turn it into a work of art... or something beautiful... you separated out the people in the foreground and then did things to the back ground... In the case of mine, the ones that were the worst I just blurred out the background and then enhanced the front part of the photo to pop as much as possible... so even though the backgrounds were not really bad, removing them as they were allowed me to be able to focus on the people. OK...I am ready to post the final 3 pages... will add them to last nights post... Well I am still blocked from posting, so it is not going to happen tonight... have a long busy day tomorrow, so will not be till tomorrow night at the earliest.... unless it refreshes in the next few minutes... only about 10 minutes to the hour... will go finish the mail!

Thank you for the link! The changes you made on the photos were really well done and blurring or removing the backgrounds is a great strategy. I just spotted your new layouts, so I'm off to have a look!

joannebrisebois

Designer
I have my 100 photos in 4 different themes:

I LOVE these!! What an amazing set of themes and photos! You must have put a lot of time and work into getting these pages (I know first hand lol), but they all look incredible and so worth all that effort!!
Save
Save

seniorgal

Here's my 2nd set of 100 photos.

See that little envelope at the bottom? The other 80 photos
are in there!

seniorgal

Just kidding! More to come.... There were 21 photos on the calendar.

16 Sketches:

13 Bird Photos

seniorgal

2 more sets to come...

Textures:

And since it's 95 degrees here today near Boston I decided to think about Christmas!

Christmas Tree Farm

Whew!

Thanks for all the fun Joanne!

joannebrisebois

Designer
2 more sets to come...

Textures:

And since it's 95 degrees here today near Boston I decided to think about Christmas!

Christmas Tree Farm

Whew!

Thanks for all the fun Joanne!

GORGEOUS!!! No, thank YOU for these beautiful pages and all the inspiration you've brought to this challenge! I am in complete awe of your determination and talent - you pages have been such a thrill for me to see!! :)
Save

felis

I'm agree with Joanne, I saw 2 ideas that will stole from you Barbara, you are so ingenious!

seniorgal

Thanks for all the nice comments! Waiting to see the ideas you use Felis! I absolutely loved what you did with your 100 photos!

joannebrisebois

Designer
100 birthday celebrations from the last 15 years! This is about 85% done - I've made room for a few upcoming birthdays and blurred the date labeling/text as it's only half done (and just a copy & paste from my last layout while I fill in this layout's new info). While I was combing my files for these photos I found a few hilarious ones I had completely forgotten about lol. That has been one of the best parts of this challenge for me, aside from getting this album made and being inspired by all of your incredible pages - discovering so many of my lost photos. :)

01lousmith

We did it! 100 photos! Some awesome pages to look at!
I joined my 9 pages together, as they contain some full face photos of family members, and I have a rule not to put on social media/etc. At this resolution, it is ok though :) I hope you all understand.
I am a bit OCD, and I noticed while thinking about the 50 photo challenge that 9+10+...+16=100, and so the idea was born to have 9 photos for 2009,... 16 photos for 2016! So that's one page for each year, plus one title page.
I'm glad I did it last month. I just got back from a road trip and this month will be busy busy busy! I will try my best over the next week to comment on each one's project, because they are really worth a detour!
Btw, thanks for last month's coupon Joanne!

OS_Jun17_JB_100Photos_Chal.jpg

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=372590&title=100-photos&cat=702

joannebrisebois

Designer
We did it! 100 photos! Some awesome pages to look at!
I joined my 9 pages together, as they contain some full face photos of family members, and I have a rule not to put on social media/etc. At this resolution, it is ok though :) I hope you all understand.
I am a bit OCD, and I noticed while thinking about the 50 photo challenge that 9+10+...+16=100, and so the idea was born to have 9 photos for 2009,... 16 photos for 2016! So that's one page for each year, plus one title page.
I'm glad I did it last month. I just got back from a road trip and this month will be busy busy busy! I will try my best over the next week to comment on each one's project, because they are really worth a detour!
Btw, thanks for last month's coupon Joanne!

OS_Jun17_JB_100Photos_Chal.jpg

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=372590&title=100-photos&cat=702

What an incredibly BRILLIANT idea matching the number of photos to the years! Your pages turned out awesome - they look so 3 dimensional!! I know how long it takes to get to 100 lol, so you get a huge high five and hug from me, especially since you have been so busy with an adventure! Thank you for all of your amazing pages - I have so many favorites and you have given me so many ideas to try myself!
Save
Save

joannebrisebois

Designer
Well , it has occurred to me, that I need to get started uploading or I will be shut out with the limit of 10 pages a day , at the last minute! So here are the first 50 photos of the 100 photo challenge... 8 pages arghhh would be so much simpler if I did not have to work on each photo!

lol, good thinking and planning! These are all so incredible! Every one, so creative and absolutely stunning - what an accomplishment (and an inspiration)!!