Oscraps

Who else remembers the FUN days of DST - Digi Shop Talk?!

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
I started designing in October 2004, and I remember when Digi Shop Talk started...it was awesome!! :heartpumplove: Sometimes, not so much, when peeps would gang up and attack other people...I always HATED that part:voodoodoll: :loser: Thankfully, that is in the past...grrrr :flyingwitch:

Anyhoodle, I have been going through my various digi designing folders from different stores I have been in and I found the DST blinkie that I had saved back on June 6, 2006...I always loved blinkies!! I had discovered the one that Jen Yurko made for me way back around 3 or 4 years after DST started and I am happy to have it in my signature because it just reminds me about how exciting everything was back then, and wonderful memories...and now I have turned 49, so just clinging on to whatever I can....LOL Nah, not really, I am fine with my new age...I am always young at heart, and most of the times silly, dorky...I joke around with my kids/family constantly because it makes them laugh and they joke with me, as well...humor is such an important thing in my life :lovey3::lovey3::lovey3:

K, so here is the blinkie...who all sported this in your siggies?? :beatingheart:

DSTBlinkie2.gif

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Yeah, I remember DST, didn't have it's blinkie just the ones for the CT's I was on at the time! Totally agree with you Jenn about the ganging up on people and being nasty, I think that is why I ended up leaving the place well before it stopped. Couldn't stand the bickering! lol! I was always like 'grow up people!!!!' :lol23: :lol23:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I was there from the beginning of DST when we broke off from 2 Peas in a Bucket!

I am so sad that all my pages from 2006 - 2015 are all gone because they nuked my gallery.
Oh I think they nuked everyone's gallery in the end. I have always saved mine on a EHD along with a Notepad text file of what I used.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I don't remember that at all - that was before my time. :floorlaugh: I didn't start digi scrapping until around 2010 and then I just dabbled until late in 2011. I DO remember some nasty stuff that went on across the board even in the paper scrapping arena. What was wrong with people then??? I remember I almost quit scrapping altogether for awhile. Then the "battle" between paper vs digi started. But that's a topic for another thread. :offtopic:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Oh no, so sorry you lost your EHD and your layouts in the gallery, Susie!! :( And yeah, the BITE that several people had towards others was NOT FUN, Ona...I did just eventually stop visiting because of that, too much negativty for me to read :( The beginning was a lot of fun though, when everyone was happy and excited...*le sigh* :fan:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I don't remember that at all - that was before my time. :floorlaugh: I didn't start digi scrapping until around 2010 and then I just dabbled until late in 2011. I DO remember some nasty stuff that went on across the board even in the paper scrapping arena. What was wrong with people then??? I remember I almost quit scrapping altogether for awhile. Then the "battle" between paper vs digi started. But that's a topic for another thread. :offtopic:
I don't doubt the same stuff happening in the paper world...so many people getting together in a forum can sometimes lead to chaos, but mainly because of CERTAIN people...

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
Great you mentioned it! I was forgotten how what the name was..My account still exist but no lay outs..

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I got started in digi just as DST was created. It was a very basic forum software with a gallery. And designers used to give out $20 gift certificates. I got one to I believe the Shabby Princess and I was so pumped.

I hated the dark sites that spun off DST to talk smack about scrappers, designers and stores. It brought on so much ugliness.

FloridaGranny

I started digiscrapping around 2009 or 2010, but I don't remember that site at all. However, I have some products from Shabby Princess. Was she designing somewhere else??? Or did I actually visit DST and just don't remember?