Oscraps

Who are your favorite actors? Do they have a type?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am watching Justified: City Primeval and Good Omens and Timothy Olyphant and David Tennent are two of my favorite actors. They amaze me with the range of characters they play. Even TO, who tends to play "lawmen," there is such a huge difference between Deadwood-Lawman and Justified-Lawman. And then throw in Santa Clarita Diet which is completely different from anything else.
David Tennent- he's just the best too. Not only is he my favorite Doctor, he also makes one hell of a Demon. :devil2:

How are your favorites? Do they tend to fall into a type or are they different in any role they play?

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
OK - I LOVE Timothy Oliphant and "Justified" was THE best - we LOVED it! I must say that I have a crush on Rip from Yellowstone. I'm wearing my Team Rip T-Shirt as I type this. Kevin Costner says he's not going to be on the new episodes of Yellowstone and I says "who cares? As long as Rip is on there.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
What a simple question that is somehow proving to be very difficult to answer... I'm not sure I have a favorite actor, but I do have a favorite type - a bloke with a British accent when the rest of the cast is American. Does that make sense? There is something so satisfying in the sound of that contrasting dialogue...

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
OK - I LOVE Timothy Oliphant and "Justified" was THE best - we LOVED it! I must say that I have a crush on Rip from Yellowstone. I'm wearing my Team Rip T-Shirt as I type this. Kevin Costner says he's not going to be on the new episodes of Yellowstone and I says "who cares? As long as Rip is on there.
Are you watching the new series? I miss the KY setting but he is --as always- just awesome :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
th

th

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
What a simple question that is somehow proving to be very difficult to answer... I'm not sure I have a favorite actor, but I do have a favorite type - a bloke with a British accent when the rest of the cast is American. Does that make sense? There is something so satisfying in the sound of that contrasting dialogue...
It does make sense!

I'm always fascinated when I hear actors speak in their natural accents and it is 100% different than their character. We used to joke that The Walking Dead was more British/Aussie than anything remotely American, let alone Southern LOL!

Amandajk

I gotta agree with @Jam-on-toast , seemingly simple question but finding it difficult to pin down. Realizing that many of my favs are older now makes it harder. Johhny Depp -as an actor, not so much as an individual- though honestly- how can we judge by what the press has told us about any one person?!! Anyway, his skills and strength as a character actor are hard to beat. Jim Caveziel as well. I watch them and forget they aren't the person they are portraying. Kevin Costner I have always liked, Antonio Banderas ( in anything! :giggle4: :giggle4: :giggle4:
fire.gif
) & Anthony Hopkins in Mask of Zoro.
I don't have a favorite female actress.. Maybe Hillary Swank...
I do like Morgan Freeman as an actor.

Last edited:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I can't think of any favorite actresses off the top of my head either.
We started watching the new season of Only Murders in the Building and I am stoked that Meryl Streep is in it. But I don't know if I would consider her a favorite...
I'm gonna ponder that for a bit. :thinking2: