Oscraps

Where is my mojo? **Updated**

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
It's clearly out exploring the country without me. If you see it, please send it home. I need to do some scrapping and have no motivation or ideas.

svanderhaegen

CHEERY O
oh, I know the feeling all to well. Just take a short break and your mojo will come back!! Will you be able to set up the AJ challenge week 2 or do you want me to step in??

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
It happens to the best of us. Find a layout artist you admire and scraplift! That always helps me.

Reactions: AZK

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Scraplifting is a great idea! I love to use other layouts for scrap lift challenges. Why not do it just because!

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Oh, yeah, we've all been there... I find it helpful to NOT scrap at least one day a week - I usually try to keep my Saturdays scrap-free and this way I get to miss it a bit. Going through galleries and looking at other people's layouts helps immensely!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Have you found it yet? I saw your latest LO in the Gallery and it has to be close by. The page was stunning :)

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I think I'm the weirdo in the group but I find that attempting to scraplift a layout I love only makes me feel worse when I can't create the same look.

scrap-genie

The one thing that helps me the most is taking photos. It doesn't matter of what, anything can turn into something to scrap. AJ is the other road I can take with no photos.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I think I'm the weirdo in the group but I find that attempting to scraplift a layout I love only makes me feel worse when I can't create the same look.
Oh mine never looks like the original. I find it helps me to get started by getting something down on the screen.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
A couple of nights ago, I decided that the real problem was that every time I sat down at my computer I had some sort of issue. Said lots of bad things in my mind about Windows 11. Then yesterday morning, when I rebooted my computer, I started hearing a loud, repetitive clicking in the area where my EHDs are kept. One of them had failed. It wasn't even the oldest of the EHDs. But I think it had been failing for awhile and I did not realize it. I don't know yet what hadn't been copied to another drive but my computer problems seem to have disappeared.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
A couple of nights ago, I decided that the real problem was that every time I sat down at my computer I had some sort of issue. Said lots of bad things in my mind about Windows 11. Then yesterday morning, when I rebooted my computer, I started hearing a loud, repetitive clicking in the area where my EHDs are kept. One of them had failed. It wasn't even the oldest of the EHDs. But I think it had been failing for awhile and I did not realize it. I don't know yet what hadn't been copied to another drive but my computer problems seem to have disappeared.
Cindy, you might consider getting Backblaze to back up your computer and EHD. It doesn't cost too much for the plan. if your computer or external hard drive crashes, they will send you the files that were on them.

Reactions: AZK

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I can relate (sort of). My computer woe was photoshop based (I think) and although after almost a week I have gotten it working, it is still glitchy but at least I can scrap (for now). If anything else happens then the computer is going to have to go into the shop or get replaced. It is too old to get fixed anymore if its anything major.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Cindy, you might consider getting Backblaze to back up your computer and EHD. It doesn't cost too much for the plan. if your computer or external hard drive crashes, they will send you the files that were on them.
Up until a year ago our dsl speeds would not have allowed me to do it. I’ll have to consider it now.

stacsmiley

The Funk. It stinks! Been there many times. Sometimes I go to other galleries and look for inspiration. Many times, you just need a break and then it all comes back in full force.