Oscraps

Where did the years go??

Sine

Heh.. I admit it.. I'm not the most active scrapper in the world, and truth be told, I never had any of my layouts printed.. Yeah I know.. What's the point then.. ;)
But I decided to change all that, especially after seeing Liz's gorgeous photobook..
So I lined up my favourite layouts in a seperate folder and alligned them by photo date, cause that's how I'd like my album to progress.. So far so good.. I'm liking the look of it, and I think I'll actually have enough pages for an entire book..

But then I looked at the photo dates.. Apparently my DD didn't exist from the age of 1 till almost 3 yo.. LOL! Needless to say, I'm now in the progress of filling in the gaps. It's obviously not my favourite photos - if it was, I would have scrapped them sooner, but I'm getting there.. LOL!

Have you done something similar?
I could have sworn that I wouldn't do that, because that's one of the things I love about scrappers like Bec/pSyren, that she can take an everyday photo, and make it into something extraordinary.. Who else can make a layout about snot look good?? Seriously! LOL!
It's what scrapbooking is about though.. To me at least.. Life is not always picture perfect, so why do we pretend it to be?

So yeah.. I'm challenging myself to shoot and scrap more everyday photos.. I don't know if I'll succeed, but I'll at least try.. :) And of course.. The major challenge.. To get the gaps filled, and have a finished book.. Soon!

petey111

Good job Sine! I'm finding there are months that I barely take any pictures and I'm trying to be better at that. I have a lot of pages to get printed though, but my scrapbooks are packed in the basement because we are trying to get the house cleaned up for putting it on the market.

I hope you can get it all done for yourself! You will love it when it is!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
LOL!! my four children are all grown up Sine. My youngest one has always said that he was 'adopted' as there are not a lot of photos of him, compared to the older three! But really, there was a dramatic downturn of photos as the children came along, not just for him! :) I took HEAPS of our first son, and quite a few of my daughter, a lot less for my third son and of course my youngest didn't get a lot of photos taken at all!! hmmmmmmmm, maybe it was because I was sooooooo tired most of the time and of course way back then it was expensive to own a camera, let alone have the money to buy film and then have it developed. And of course, the ones that I do have are so grainy and terrible, there isn't a lot I can do with them anyway! I think they will stay in the album as they are, with a short note of when it was taken etc.

Most of my scrapping is of my grandchildren and all of my DIL's are quite happy to give me all of their photos in return for pages for their album! LOL!! I have yet to print an album, like you I have started getting them together and have been filling up the 'gaps' as well! Good luck with your endeavour Sine and hope we get to see the finished album!!! :)

hondachicc

Oh This sounds like a great project Sine!!

And yes..it is true....the first always get the photos taken all the time!! This is very normal!! But like Ona, I take photos of my 4 grandchildren all the time and fortunately for their Mommies, no one misses out!!