Oscraps

Wheel of Death on iMac

SharLamb

Sharron
Is anyone else experiencing a slow-down on their computers? My iMac is pretty new and pretty big, so I don't know what's going on. It's been since I upgraded to High Sierra and PSCC18. I emptied my trash and ran a clean up scan, but still have a painfully slow response to almost anything I want to do. I've rebooted using the CMD + OPT + P + R a few times. It seems to be fine right after I do that, but within an hour, it's back to being a slug. I have plenty of unused memory (about half the alloted amount).

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
oooh no! I don't know anything about it to give you any suggestions but wanted to wish you good luck!!!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Hey Sharon... sometimes you have things running in the background on a Mac without you realizing it. You might want to run your disk utility to do a repair. Go to applications , Utility, Disk Utility and verify permission let that run (about 5 min) when that is done then click repair permission. Sometime just restarting your mac will help too. I found this youtube video that might help you out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83TerRCGADQ

SharLamb

Sharron
Thanks Trudy. I rebooted using the CMD + OPT + P + R again today and all has been fine for 5 hours. I just don't get it! But I will take your advice, and make a note of it for the future as well. This is the sort of thing I never remember. My DS will be happy if I can let him off the hook to help me.