Oscraps

what grows in your vegetable garden

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
In our town (about 200m from my home) , a new project started last year where you can rent a piece of land to grow vegetables.
We have a fairly large garden, but I preferred a separate garden for my vegetables.
In the top photo you can see my husband working on the tomato plants in his garden.
The hofkens, as the allotment calls, you can see how beautifully it is decorated.
We have green beans, carrots, bell peppers, Brussels sprouts, peas, spinach, celery, porei to start because we have never grown vegetables before.

But everyone chooses their own varieties of course and in addition, a very wide range of herbs is provided.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
We only have a very small garden ... with some flowers ... My hubby don't like gardening ...
What a beautiful project 'the hofkens' ... A friend of mine has a small veggie garden ... she loves it ... she sows everything herself ... I know she has four or five different types of zucchini ... also different types of tomato ... there are also potatoes, rhubarb, radishes, beetroot, kohlrabi ...
There are also many flowers among her vegetables ...
sometimes she has too much and I do get a phone call to drop by and there is a box with everything ready ... lucky me ...

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Vera, that is fantastic!! My town has a small community garden but I don't have the money to "purchase" a plot. Enjoy all of the fresh veggies and herbs. They are also so much better when they are fresh-picked.
My yard is small and surrounded by woods on two sides. I don't get a lot of light and the soil is very rocky. But I have a couple of small raised beds and patio pots for some veggies and herbs. B/c of COVID I wasn't able to get plants at the right time this season so I only have 2 tomato plants, a few bush beans, and some eggplant. My sage and cilantro do well over the winter so they came back and my lavender is enormous.
The one planter box on the patio had blueberry bushes but my son moved them to the side of the house where the soil has better drainage fo rhyme. The problem with them is that we have hoards and hoards of chipmunks that eat the berries before they are ripe. Which means we don't get a chance :)

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
You have a huge plot, Vera, for never having grown vegetables before! When I lived in my house I always had a small vegetable garden but often grew more than I could use. I realized that I prefer flower gardening, and now that I live in an apartment, that's all I have on my little spot of yard. There are communities around me that have beds to rent, but my own city doesn't.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
love your garden Vera, you will eat a lot of fresh products this summer!

I have a small town garden but this summer I hope to eat

tomatoes
attachment.php

cucumbers
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1947.JPG
    IMG_1947.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1948.JPG
    IMG_1948.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 15

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
You have a huge plot, Vera, for never having grown vegetables before! When I lived in my house I always had a small vegetable garden but often grew more than I could use. I realized that I prefer flower gardening, and now that I live in an apartment, that's all I have on my little spot of yard. There are communities around me that have beds to rent, but my own city doesn't.

Well actually we have a small part, and at home i have a big flower garden too.
last year I drew a lot of seed from the plants and sowed it again this year

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
last year we also had tomatoes here at home, a gigantic shrub but not well cared for, and we only had "green" tomatoes.

Hope you have a lot of tomatoes !

love your garden Vera, you will eat a lot of fresh products this summer!

I have a small town garden but this summer I hope to eat

tomatoes
attachment.php

cucumbers
attachment.php

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Vera, that is fantastic!! My town has a small community garden but I don't have the money to "purchase" a plot. Enjoy all of the fresh veggies and herbs. They are also so much better when they are fresh-picked.
My yard is small and surrounded by woods on two sides. I don't get a lot of light and the soil is very rocky. But I have a couple of small raised beds and patio pots for some veggies and herbs. B/c of COVID I wasn't able to get plants at the right time this season so I only have 2 tomato plants, a few bush beans, and some eggplant. My sage and cilantro do well over the winter so they came back and my lavender is enormous.
The one planter box on the patio had blueberry bushes but my son moved them to the side of the house where the soil has better drainage fo rhyme. The problem with them is that we have hoards and hoards of chipmunks that eat the berries before they are ripe. Which means we don't get a chance :)

Is it so expensive to rent a piece of land Chris? Here it costs 50 euros per year.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
We only have a very small garden ... with some flowers ... My hubby don't like gardening ...
What a beautiful project 'the hofkens' ... A friend of mine has a small veggie garden ... she loves it ... she sows everything herself ... I know she has four or five different types of zucchini ... also different types of tomato ... there are also potatoes, rhubarb, radishes, beetroot, kohlrabi ...
There are also many flowers among her vegetables ...
sometimes she has too much and I do get a phone call to drop by and there is a box with everything ready ... lucky me ...

Yes you are lucky with her !!! well we started with a few vegetables and see how it grows ;)