Oscraps

What do you keep?

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
What type of files do you keep after completing a page? Do you keep zip files from downloads? (fonts, albums, etc) PSD files? Only jpegs? Just wondering, as I try to clean up my files.

Michele

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
Don't listen to me because I tend to keep everything Zip files. .psds of very old scraps etc
:)

suddenly I realize that I have stuff from 9 years ago..(from freebies I'll never use again..)

bcgal00

CHEERY O
My storage is as follows:
Layouts - stored as full size jpegs in an online storage site.
Digi kits - stored in 2 external hard drives, unzipped.
Fonts - a small sampling of my fonts stored on computer C drive (<250). The rest are stored in 2 external hard drives.

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
Oh my me too I keep everything but I do save zips to a DVD once in a while and erase them from my computer. All unzips folders are saved on the web because I lost files before and I have now an online backup. But even though I don't delete files. For scrap pages I keep the PSD file, and the web size files etc... I am a digi hoarder and I can't erase something completely unless I know it is on a DVD or backed up safely lol

felis

Oh my me too I keep everything but I do save zips to a DVD once in a while and erase them from my computer.

I also keep all .zips that's I'm bought to a DVD.
I Keep only unzipped files of freebies and both for bought kits.
It's more flexible if all unzipped kits are on External Hard Drives, but I only planned to do that, I couldn't even use one that I won, because was necessary to sell it and pay vet bill. So I have to download to my computer every kit that I use and delete it after that.
I keep only jpegs on my layouts and in smal size, wich sometimes is problem if I need to back to the original page, but is happened only few times, so for now I'll keep to this space saving practice.

I am a digi hoarder and I can't erase something completely unless I know it is on a DVD or backed up safely
Don't listen to me because I tend to keep everything /.../ suddenly I realize that I have stuff from 9 years ago..(from freebies I'll never use again..)
lol Me too. It's a tragedy when some of mine disks gone broken. :-(
Save

Last edited by a moderator:

AnikA68

I love the "O"
I delete the zip files immediately after I have unzipped it. If you need is as zio you easily can zip the folder again, isn´t it?
I erase from time to time the season kits or christmas kits

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
I also keep all .zips that's I'm bought to a DVD.
I Keep only unzipped files of freebies and both for bought kits.
It's more flexible if all unzipped kits are on External Hard Drives, but I only planned to do that, I couldn't even use one that I won, because was necessary to sell it and pay vet bill. So I have to download to my computer every kit that I use and delete it after that.
I keep only jpegs on my layouts and in smal size, wich sometimes is problem if I need to back to the original page, but is happened only few times, so for now I'll keep to this space saving practice.

lol Me too. It's a tragedy when some of mine disks gone broken. :-(
Save

That's why I make a backup every week

clindoeil

Marie-Claire
Layouts :
- the psd from the current year
- the jpegs (different format -600-1000 or other depending from CT requirement)
- i delete the psd when i archive the past years on external DD, but have then the problem i cannot find back what layout was scrapped which what stuff

Kits :
i have all unzipped on two external DD
i deleted the .zip right after unzipping

i save to the second external DD .... each .... heu not often as i should :???: ! i think i have to do it right now !

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I delete the zip files as soon as I unzip. You can typically download again if you need to - well at Oscraps anyway. Not all stores let you.

And there my organization ends lol

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
Thank you for all the comments. I didn't realize so many of you save the zip files. I always throw them away, but now I am thinking I shouldn't. I am pretty clutter-prone in life so we'll see how that works out.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Vicki- that is my thought on kits since I only get them here. I know that I can bug you and you'll help me get stuff back :D

I delete the zips as soon as I unzip and make sure nothing got corrupted.
For my LO's I keep the jpg of the current year and delete the older ones. But I keep
the psds from previous years as zip files. we also have a separate backup drive in my house.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I delete the zip files, I just think of them as wrapping paper!
Keep the goodies, and get rid of the rest!

felis

I delete the zip files immediately after I have unzipped it. If you need is as zio you easily can zip the folder again, isn´t it?
Not exactly because after unzip I remove all repeated parts like previews (except one) TOU and other designers info that coming the same with every pack. Also I combinate all elements, all papers, all brushes in their one folder, for fast use. And zip files are only if you needs the original info for some reason.
Like Viki is said
I delete the zip files as soon as I unzip. You can typically download again if you need to - well at Oscraps anyway. Not all stores let you.
But this is my old habit from the shops where you have only 30 days to download what you are bought and only 5 downloads, so this is for protection that nothing wouldn't miss in future if disk gone broken.