Oscraps

What are You Watching: Winter 2021

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Ok, I am at it again, begging for TV show ideas. We watch way too much TV at night because it seems like we are always running out of stuff to stream.

We recently finished the series of Vikings, Sherlock (BBC), all caught up on seasons of Killing Eve, Wentworth.
We are currently streaming Justified, Big Sky, Resident Alien, Fargo, and on network- The NCIS-es, and Bull.
I think we have Clarice set up to record which starts sometime this month.

What are you watching now?

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
I love Bull, FBI, FBI:Most Wanted, Magnum P.I., and Blue Bloods. Have to catch up on Big Sky, think I've missed the last two episodes. Find it kind of creepy! Old British shows are my faves though, especially detective. I've been rewatching and catching up on some oldies; Vera, Wallander, Inspector Morse, etc. With all this alone time, I'm watching way more than I ever did before. I've even subscribed to Frndly and am watching Hallmark drama and mysteries!! I like quite the variety. :)

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I have to say that I don't watch much TV. Recently we have a smart TV and we can watch Netflix and I have followed a few series (I don't remember which ones)
Problem is that I usually fall asleep and have to rewind very often, my husband always says I watched a movie 5 times (with my eyes closed :D)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
We only have hot spot TV and got Roku, which allows us to watch Netflix among a few other things. We haven't had time to watch much TV, but did finish Bridgerton and liked it. We're currently attempting to watch Virgin River. We also have Hulu, but haven't really looked at it. Like I said, we don't have time to watch much TV, but I know that I'm going to miss Xfinity!

LSlycord

I have become a total TV nut since Covid started. I watch This Is Us, The Resident, The Good Doctor, Blue Bloods, NCIS, SWAT, All American. We just started watching Name That Tune. I had bragging rights this week because I name "Uptown Girl" in zero notes. The clue gave it away. Neither of the young contestants got it. We also caught up on every season of Master Chef. We got through the latest season of Cobra Kai in a weekend. No wonder I needed to come back to scrapping. ;)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I have to say that I don't watch much TV. Recently we have a smart TV and we can watch Netflix and I have followed a few series (I don't remember which ones)
Problem is that I usually fall asleep and have to rewind very often, my husband always says I watched a movie 5 times (with my eyes closed :D)
Gary does the same!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am going to see if FBI is streaming anywhere, that would probably be up our alley. I know I can't watch This is Us, anything that makes me cry is B.A.D. Bad. Nope nope nope.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I haven't been watching much tv lately but recently subscribed to Starz because of their Men in Kilts promo that kept popping up in my facebook feed lol I'm a sucker for a kilt! I also really like travel shows.

ei5wnojfpzqax8k6drck

I'll probably watch Outlander while I have the starz subscription.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I haven't been watching much tv lately but recently subscribed to Starz because of their Men in Kilts promo that kept popping up in my facebook feed lol I'm a sucker for a kilt! I also really like travel shows.

ei5wnojfpzqax8k6drck

If you are gonna splurge on a streaming service, I would say Men In Kilts and Outlander would be a damn fine reason! We don't have Startz and I don't think I can convince Gary that we should subscribe since I keep knocking him down on HBO Max LOL!

zanthia

CHEERY O

ei5wnojfpzqax8k6drck

watching season 5 now - just love this show so much.

zanthia

CHEERY O
I am going to see if FBI is streaming anywhere, that would probably be up our alley. I know I can't watch This is Us, anything that makes me cry is B.A.D. Bad. Nope nope nope.

regarding This is Us -- this is one of my fave shows - you really should give it a try.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
anyone up for some fun shows/series?

I recently watched (on prime)
the marvelous mrs. Maisel, a fun show about a housewife that starts a career as comedian.

good omens, a serie about good/bad, angel/demon working together to stop the end of the world

and a fun film perfect for a family evening with the kids (maybe not too young) : What we did on our holiday

any tips for new shows that are fun to watch but do not keep me watching every day when summer starts?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
We loved the first few seasons of Mrs. Maisel - but the last season lost some of it's appeal. It's still worth watching.

We don't have much but Netflix right now, but we just finished "Anne with an E" and it was pretty good. It's a sort of spin off on "Ann of Green Gables", which I loved as a girl, but don't remember it being like the show. We just started Heart Land - a series about a horse ranch. We love horses, so we're enthralled with it. Have only watched a few episodes so far.

LazyDaisy

Love a good tv show. I am in Australia so not sure if we cross over. I’ve listed old & new. Hard to find good new.

The Handmaid’s Tale is brilliant though depressing, visually beautiful & season 4 came out this week. Not sure where. I think its on Hulu.

uk The Sister

uk A very English scandal

Clarice was mentioned, it’s great.

Also tv show Hannibal (Netflix) is amazing & grotesque. See it if you can. Visually spectacular. Mads Madison is now Hannibal for me. Clothing, food presentation, music, writing, acting. so good. It pretentious a bit but it suits the show. Intelligent conversation heavy in subtext (is that how You say it)

Chernobyl

No Activity, the 4th season is out & animated because they couldn’t film it with actors as usual. Very funny, think it’s on Apple TV. There are 2 versions, Australian & American. Both just as funny I think. The latest season is American. Maybe on Hulu too.

2 good marvel shows Wanda Vision & The falcon & the winter soldier. I preferred Wanda vision.

I saw Mosquito Coast on Apple TV but haven’t watched yet, one of my favourite books & I did not watch the terrible Harrison Ford movie. Written by Paul Theroux & stars Justin Theroux! Related! Famous family of writers. Even Justin Theroux writes (with Ben Stiller for movies)

Justin Therox was in a show called The Leftovers which is brilliant, bit of a slow burn.

I’ve been told to watch The Blacklist which is on Netflix here but hard to get through season 1 but told it’s worth it. So watching.

Bloodline on Netflix (seriously brilliant)

Black mirror on Netflix

Santa Clarita diet on netflix

Rick & Monty Netflix (first ep bit blah)

Edge of tomorrow. I promise you will watch it 6x. Amazon here

Was Fleabag mentioned, uk. Also excellent. On Amazon here.

30 rock is a good rewatch I think

New show - Debris

Dr Who, the rebooted one in 2006 I think. First 2 Drs for me. Amazon here.

reboot of Battlestar Galactica on Amazon here. 2006 I think.

after weeks I finished all eps of family guy. Early season are so funny & terribly in appropriate.

Old shows I binged were House & The Mentalist, lost, On Amazon

I watched The Oftice for the first time with Steve Carell. Very funny.

Someone mentioned The Boys. If you like NZers Karl Urban is the lead. Very funny & very bloody.

If you like the boys then maybe Happy with Christopher Meloni.

Good omens was mentioned, David Tennant fan. Loved the book co written by Neil gaimen & Terry pratchet. Very quirky.

American Gods. a favorite book by Neil Gaiman & the show is visually stunning & well written. Is on Amazon here. Previous season ended not long ago.

Jessica Jones on Netflix is great, prefer 1st season. It’s been around for awhile.

Better call Saul & Breaking Bad can be rewatched.

The young pope is on Apple. Maybe elsewhere. Jude Law!

Supernatural. First 5 seasons are great. Very much like monster of the week & could feel like horror from the early 2000s. It went for 14 seasons. Longest sci-fi/fantasy show in USA. Started by the x-file people. On Amazon here.

Binge x-files if you can find it as it’s so much funnier now. I still can’t get through to the end sadly.

The Expanse - Amazon here

the Crown on netflix

Colony on netflix

The Umbrella Academy on Netflix

Away Netflix

Legion if you can find it. Dan Stevens! (The guy on Downton abbey everyone liked)

I’m planning to watch Intergalactic, I am Ali, the shadows, Things heard & seen, Bridgerton, living with yourself, rupaul australia & binge planned of 24 Amazon Here. I wanted to call one of my cats Agent Jack Bauer :D but over ruled. @faerywings

I hope that helped. I don’t know what’s where so maybe not helpful if you don’t stream certain channels. Or not the same channels as here. I’ve mentioned a few uk ones, not sure if you get them but if you do I have another page of shows. i actually know tonnes of shows & if you are going back to the early 2000s, you will find a rich vein of good shows. If you want more, let me know. As I said I don’t know if this is useful. Please don’t worry, this is years in the making, not just in the last year in term of watching. :D

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
We loved the first few seasons of Mrs. Maisel - but the last season lost some of it's appeal. It's still worth watching.

We don't have much but Netflix right now, but we just finished "Anne with an E" and it was pretty good. It's a sort of spin off on "Ann of Green Gables", which I loved as a girl, but don't remember it being like the show. We just started Heart Land - a series about a horse ranch. We love horses, so we're enthralled with it. Have only watched a few episodes so far.
I love anne with an E,
And really loved the intro, most show i click on skip intro, but this one we watched over and over again!

Heartland, on my list to check

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
Love a good tv show. I am in Australia so not sure if we cross over. I’ve listed old & new. Hard to find good new.

The Handmaid’s Tale is brilliant though depressing, visually beautiful & season 4 came out this week. Not sure where. I think its on Hulu.

uk The Sister

uk A very English scandal

Clarice was mentioned, it’s great.

Also tv show Hannibal (Netflix) is amazing & grotesque. See it if you can. Visually spectacular. Mads Madison is now Hannibal for me. Clothing, food presentation, music, writing, acting. so good. It pretentious a bit but it suits the show. Intelligent conversation heavy in subtext (is that how You say it)

Chernobyl

No Activity, the 4th season is out & animated because they couldn’t film it with actors as usual. Very funny, think it’s on Apple TV. There are 2 versions, Australian & American. Both just as funny I think. The latest season is American. Maybe on Hulu too.

2 good marvel shows Wanda Vision & The falcon & the winter soldier. I preferred Wanda vision.

I saw Mosquito Coast on Apple TV but haven’t watched yet, one of my favourite books & I did not watch the terrible Harrison Ford movie. Written by Paul Theroux & stars Justin Theroux! Related! Famous family of writers. Even Justin Theroux writes (with Ben Stiller for movies)

Justin Therox was in a show called The Leftovers which is brilliant, bit of a slow burn.

I’ve been told to watch The Blacklist which is on Netflix here but hard to get through season 1 but told it’s worth it. So watching.

Bloodline on Netflix (seriously brilliant)

Black mirror on Netflix

Santa Clarita diet on netflix

Rick & Monty Netflix (first ep bit blah)

Edge of tomorrow. I promise you will watch it 6x. Amazon here

Was Fleabag mentioned, uk. Also excellent. On Amazon here.

30 rock is a good rewatch I think

New show - Debris

Dr Who, the rebooted one in 2006 I think. First 2 Drs for me. Amazon here.

reboot of Battlestar Galactica on Amazon here. 2006 I think.

after weeks I finished all eps of family guy. Early season are so funny & terribly in appropriate.

Old shows I binged were House & The Mentalist, lost, On Amazon

I watched The Oftice for the first time with Steve Carell. Very funny.

Someone mentioned The Boys. If you like NZers Karl Urban is the lead. Very funny & very bloody.

If you like the boys then maybe Happy with Christopher Meloni.

Good omens was mentioned, David Tennant fan. Loved the book co written by Neil gaimen & Terry pratchet. Very quirky.

American Gods. a favorite book by Neil Gaiman & the show is visually stunning & well written. Is on Amazon here. Previous season ended not long ago.

Jessica Jones on Netflix is great, prefer 1st season. It’s been around for awhile.

Better call Saul & Breaking Bad can be rewatched.

The young pope is on Apple. Maybe elsewhere. Jude Law!

Supernatural. First 5 seasons are great. Very much like monster of the week & could feel like horror from the early 2000s. It went for 14 seasons. Longest sci-fi/fantasy show in USA. Started by the x-file people. On Amazon here.

Binge x-files if you can find it as it’s so much funnier now. I still can’t get through to the end sadly.

The Expanse - Amazon here

the Crown on netflix

Colony on netflix

The Umbrella Academy on Netflix

Away Netflix

Legion if you can find it. Dan Stevens! (The guy on Downton abbey everyone liked)

I’m planning to watch Intergalactic, I am Ali, the shadows, Things heard & seen, Bridgerton, living with yourself, rupaul australia & binge planned of 24 Amazon Here. I wanted to call one of my cats Agent Jack Bauer :D but over ruled. @faerywings

I hope that helped. I don’t know what’s where so maybe not helpful if you don’t stream certain channels. Or not the same channels as here. I’ve mentioned a few uk ones, not sure if you get them but if you do I have another page of shows. i actually know tonnes of shows & if you are going back to the early 2000s, you will find a rich vein of good shows. If you want more, let me know. As I said I don’t know if this is useful. Please don’t worry, this is years in the making, not just in the last year in term of watching. :D
You have quite a list, will check it out thanks!
And about bridgerton, i loved it!

LazyDaisy

You have quite a list, will check it out thanks!
And about bridgerton, i loved it!
I think I got a bit over excited about t.v. Lol. Thanks re Bridgerton, I’ve heard only good things, so that’s quite unusual. Lol.