Oscraps

What are you reading?

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
A book I’ve had pre-ordered for months, Running Against the Devil by Rick Wilson, just came out today but when it’s done I’m gonna be looking for some good reads. So what are y’alls recommendations? I like mysteries (I never miss books in the Andy Carpenter series from David Rosenfelt or Joanne Fluke’s books), science fiction and clean romance. I also like books related to politics, hence my current read. So please share what y’all are reading.

felis

I wish I had time to read more! What I can recommend you is my readings from the previous year:

Robert Galbraith's series, as J. K. Rowling is brilliant as an usual!

''Future'' by Dmitry Glukhovsky it's very good dystopian novel with both science fiction and related to politic.

Oh, and "The Edge of Normal" by Carla Norton, this one was really good, I'm trying to find the next from the Series. But it's good to read as a single too.

Last edited by a moderator:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I was looking at my GoodReads books and I didn't have a lot of books in 2019 that I really enjoyed. I struggled with bot being able to find a book that I had a hard time putting down.
Right now I am reading (The Line Between #1) by Tosca Lee. I am finally reading more than one chapter at a time. Sadly, there are parts of the book that are literally way too real. As in yup, that actually happened here. Not fun when reading an apocalyptic book, for sure ;)
Since I seem to be drawn to post-apocalyptic themed, I enjoyed this YA series: (Project Nemesis #1). And anything by Margaret Atwood is good.

Kay (BrightEyes) got me started reading Kay Hooper if you like paranormal mysteries.

LMK what you think of Wilson's new book.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I really like all of Dee Henderson's book... start with the O'Malley family series [The Negotiator, The Guardian, The Truth Seeker]. It helps if you read them in order. They are true to life (clean) romance.

I also like Irene Hannon - romantic/suspense. I just finished 'Dark Ambitions'.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I’m going to look into y’all’s suggestions. My Kindle needs some new options.

Chris, I’ve read about a third of it. As expected it is funny and profanity laced. However, at times it just scares me. I’ll let you know more when I’m done.

scrap-genie

I must read a really different set of books to those who post here what they read. Aside from genealogy stuff I read tons of mysteries. Recently read the latest FBI K-9 series book by Sara Driscoll. I think all the dog lovers would enjoy them if they like mysteries.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
No doubt!

ETA: Maybe I should put this on my "Post-Apocalyptic" shelf? hahah!

The post-apocalyptic shelf could be the right place. lol

I must read a really different set of books to those who post here what they read. Aside from genealogy stuff I read tons of mysteries. Recently read the latest FBI K-9 series book by Sara Driscoll. I think all the dog lovers would enjoy them if they like mysteries.

If you haven’t read the Andy Carpenter series by David Rosenfelt, I think it would be right up your alley. Definitely a mystery series for dog lovers.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
lol I just read trashy romance - historical, paranormal, contemporary, whatever. Actually, I don't "read" them. I just listen to text to speech on my Kindle when driving.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O

Thank you for the rec, I added Lone Wolf #1 to my GoodReads list :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
And OMG- I had to add the Andy Carpenter ones too-- if only b/c of this blurb:
But Andy prefers the company of his best friend, Tara, to the people he encounters in the courtroom. Tara, a golden retriever, is clearly smarter than half the lawyers who clog the courts of Passaic County.

1. I too, prefer dogs to people most times.
2. I live in Passaic County NJ and can attest to the weirdness of it. Hahaha!!!!

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
For the moment I'm reading the 7 sisters by Lucinda Riley ... I started the fourth book - ... about CeCe ...