Oscraps

What are you afraid of?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I am actually terrified of flying, but since I live in a foreign Country thousands of miles from my family and I love to travel AND my job needs me to travel too. I HAVE to fly. I have all kinds of coping methods and I think I have been on approx 2,000 flights... BUT every time, I get sweaty hands and have been close to passing out a few times...
I'm getting sweaty hands over this one, too!! I HATE, HATE to fly and would never fly again if I didn't have to. I'll give you props for flying as much as you do!!!#clap#clap#clap

Lynn Grieveson

Designer
Designer
Not a huge fan of enclosed spaces. My nightmare as a kid was the idea I might be forced to go caving and be told to dive into the underwater river under the rock with the promise that you'll come up into another cave. Surprisingly this hasn't (yet) been a feature of adult life!

giphy.gif

I have a license but I don't drive because I am unco-ordinated and was too anxious when I was younger .... perhaps because my Dad taught my Mum to drive with us kids unrestrained in the back of an old van and we ended up in a ditch. ;)

Otherwise I am increasingly not really scared of anything. Too much **** has already happened.

giphy.gif

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Not a huge fan of enclosed spaces. My nightmare as a kid was the idea I might be forced to go caving and be told to dive into the underwater river under the rock with the promise that you'll come up into another cave. Surprisingly this hasn't (yet) been a feature of adult life!

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Or having to squirm through a tunnel that is just *barely* wide enough to fit your body through, and that tunnel is about 10+ feet long. I saw that just a couple of weeks ago on a nature documentary and still can't get it out of my mind.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I didn't learn to swim until I was 18 years old, I can't put my head under the water but I can swim now
This is the reason I do know how to swim. I don’t mind ducking below the water and popping back up but I cannot bring myself to leave my face in the water like when swimming.

I’m totally afraid of falling but it’s not necessarily height related. I’ve walked to the top of the Jupiter Lighthouse twice with no problems cause I’d have to do something really stupid to fall but a much lower rickety bridge scares me to death. Zip lining is absolutely out and I hate roller coasters. The recent accident in Orlando has not improved this. I also hate really tall overpasses. I can totally imagine being hit by another car and my vehI le going over the edge. I can use them but I hate it the whole time I’m on it.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O

giphy.gif

I have a license but I don't drive because I am unco-ordinated and was too anxious when I was younger .... perhaps because my Dad taught my Mum to drive with us kids unrestrained in the back of an old van and we ended up in a ditch. ;)

Otherwise I am increasingly not really scared of anything. Too much **** has already happened.

giphy.gif
I don't like to drive either, Lynn, although I also have a license. We got our new SUV (still have it) about a week before the shut-downs. Because it went on for so long, I became a hermit (always thought I was close). Anyway, our new SUV has NO gear shift - just these button things that you use. I hate it and have never gotten used to it. Not going out for nearly 2 years and definitely not driving - I completely lost my nerve. I'm trying to get it back, but we live on a horrible busy road now and I'm afraid to get out on it.

I don't like closed spaces either.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Or having to squirm through a tunnel that is just *barely* wide enough to fit your body through, and that tunnel is about 10+ feet long. I saw that just a couple of weeks ago on a nature documentary and still can't get it out of my mind.
Angie - that's one of my biggest fears - also of having one of those body scans!! They'd have to knock me out!! I've had one open MRI and my head was out - I don't remember too much because I was pretty drugged up. I THINK my legs were out. The only way I'd agree to it was being nearly knocked out, even with my head out.

ClaireG

CHEERY O

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
I just re-learned how to drive after a 24-year hiatus, as I live in Florida and you have to drive. I was a terrible driver when I was young and I think it was because it wasn't an automatic car. I am loving driving now though. I think it's the freedom it gives me and Hubby says I am pretty good! Ill take that!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I'm not sure what's wrong with my husband. Heard him talking baby talk to that eight-legged beast this morning! "Hello there, come with me I'll let you out. So much nicer out in the grass, my friend."

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
open heights - ex walking over a bridge or overpass that is not enclosed
That is similar to me too- I am not afraid of heights if I feel stable-- looking out of a skyscraper or airplane window-- not a problem. Put me on a jungle gym or on the edge of something that might fall- not happy about that.
I don't like driving on bridges when the water is really close to the road but I don't mind ones high above like the G Washington Bridge in NYC
I don't like being put upside down- but I don't mind upside-down roller coasters.

The one thing I am terrified of- no qualifications like the ones above- is ice/ice skating. Being on ice and hearing it crack, hearing about other people being on ice-- it's horrifying. I think I was way too young when I saw The Omen and the one scene when the kid falls under the ice-- oh --heebie-jeebie time. It also extends to drowning in general but to a lesser extent, which ties to the idea of being on a bridge where I can see the water. I also don't like drowning scenes in tv shows or movies. The Abyss and Titanic had me gasping for breath when I watched them

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O

Same!!! We recently watched a tv show/movie that had scuba divers going through caves and they couldn't see with the silt and mud and had the rope line break-- and had to take their O2 tanks off to swim through tight areas and OMG I am gasping for breath just thinking about it

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I just re-learned how to drive after a 24-year hiatus, as I live in Florida and you have to drive. I was a terrible driver when I was young and I think it was because it wasn't an automatic car. I am loving driving now though. I think it's the freedom it gives me and Hubby says I am pretty good! Ill take that!
That's SO awesome!! I remember when you were practicing to take your driver's test!!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
That is similar to me too- I am not afraid of heights if I feel stable-- looking out of a skyscraper or airplane window-- not a problem. Put me on a jungle gym or on the edge of something that might fall- not happy about that.
I don't like driving on bridges when the water is really close to the road but I don't mind ones high above like the G Washington Bridge in NYC
I don't like being put upside down- but I don't mind upside-down roller coasters.

The one thing I am terrified of- no qualifications like the ones above- is ice/ice skating. Being on ice and hearing it crack, hearing about other people being on ice-- it's horrifying. I think I was way too young when I saw The Omen and the one scene when the kid falls under the ice-- oh --heebie-jeebie time. It also extends to drowning in general but to a lesser extent, which ties to the idea of being on a bridge where I can see the water. I also don't like drowning scenes in tv shows or movies. The Abyss and Titanic had me gasping for breath when I watched them
That's what always terrified me about ice skating!! That cracking freaked me out!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Same!!! We recently watched a tv show/movie that had scuba divers going through caves and they couldn't see with the silt and mud and had the rope line break-- and had to take their O2 tanks off to swim through tight areas and OMG I am gasping for breath just thinking about it
I can't watch anyone being enclosed in anything! I have to leave the room!!

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
SNAKES for me. I grew up in FL, with lots of snakes. When I was younger we lived in an old wooden house on a ranch. Once my mom pulled a pot out of our lower kitchen cupboard and a very large snake was curled up inside. Another time I went into our bathroom and a huge black snake was in there, and quickly went down a hole in the floor around the sink pipes, but not before I saw it. Ugh! You'd think I would have gotten used to them, but I never did. Oh, No!! #mad

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
SNAKES for me. I grew up in FL, with lots of snakes. When I was younger we lived in an old wooden house on a ranch. Once my mom pulled a pot out of our lower kitchen cupboard and a very large snake was curled up inside. Another time I went into our bathroom and a huge black snake was in there, and quickly went down a hole in the floor around the sink pipes, but not before I saw it. Ugh! You'd think I would have gotten used to them, but I never did. Oh, No!! #mad
I'm freaked out just reading this!!! I think I'd probably have a heart attack!!!