Oscraps

What are you afraid of?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
This is always an interesting topic.

I'm definitely afraid of heights and deep water! Let's see some more "fears". (I'll add some more of mine in as we go along.) #cry

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Deathly afraid of spiders!! They just creep me out!! Snakes I am ok with, but oh man I am terrified of spiders!!
Ohhhhhh, I hate them, too!! I chased one in the bathroom the other night! I used to freak out and call Chuck, but he was asleep so I was on my own! I even moved the table in my bathroom - little creep got away from me - it's still lurking in there.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Not the little itty bitty ones but the bigger spiders freak me out. I have to leave the room until my hubs captures it and takes it outside. I will photograph one in a web if it is not moving but if it moves I just about fall over as I scramble to get away. Little creepy bugs freak me out too, like beetles, stink bugs, etc.

Heights never used to bother me until I hit my 50's and then I started to get dizzy and disoriented on ladders and heights. I really struggled with walking up bleachers and high stairs but if I go slow I'm better with that now but my heart still races and I get a bit lightheaded. I can get on a small ladder now but only up a few rungs. I can't remember if it is related to my accident years ago when I fell down bleachers and did a lot of damage to my body that took a few yrs to heal or possibly the symptoms had just started around that time and that is what caused the accident. Either way, it was about about 12 yrs ago.

*gina*

CHEERY O
Since I stood like a sardine in a crowd for 6 hours at a festival visit (without any chance to get something to drink or eat), I always stand at the edge of crowds so that I can go away quickly.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Definitely afraid of heights; I'm also fairly claustrophobic. While I love swimming, I prefer pools versus lakes, where you can't see what's below you. That might be due to having almost drowned in a lake when I was 5 years old. #dk

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Not the little itty bitty ones but the bigger spiders freak me out. I have to leave the room until my hubs captures it and takes it outside. I will photograph one in a web if it is not moving but if it moves I just about fall over as I scramble to get away. Little creepy bugs freak me out too, like beetles, stink bugs, etc.

Heights never used to bother me until I hit my 50's and then I started to get dizzy and disoriented on ladders and heights. I really struggled with walking up bleachers and high stairs but if I go slow I'm better with that now but my heart still races and I get a bit lightheaded. I can get on a small ladder now but only up a few rungs. I can't remember if it is related to my accident years ago when I fell down bleachers and did a lot of damage to my body that took a few yrs to heal or possibly the symptoms had just started around that time and that is what caused the accident. Either way, it was about about 12 yrs ago.
I don't even like the little ones. The heights thing could definitely be from your accident.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Since I stood like a sardine in a crowd for 6 hours at a festival visit (without any chance to get something to drink or eat), I always stand at the edge of crowds so that I can get away quickly.
Ohhhhh, I don't like crowds, either. I feel trapped.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Not of hights per se, but of places that don't look solid - where there's no railing or where the floor is a metal grid and I can see all the way down. That rules our jumping - even into my own pool that is 1.5 m deep. I'm not afraid of water - being tossed around by strong waves in the sea is fun, even if I get dragged under the surface and can't tell up from down, as long as I can feel the ground.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Definitely afraid of heights; I'm also fairly claustrophobic. While I love swimming, I prefer pools versus lakes, where you can't see what's below you. That might be due to having almost drowned in a lake when I was 5 years old. #dk
Oh, I've never heard of anyone more than me that has this. I hate swimming in lakes too, but have no problem with pools. When I say I can't see the bottom of the lake people look at me like I'm weird. Never connected the things, but me too almost drowned in a lake when I was little.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
My worst phobia is spiders. Also bugs, basically all creepy creeps except the most common onces (like flies, mosquitoes, ants, bees), guess I'm used to them or something. But a spider can throw me into a proper panic attack.

Also heights. What idiot thought it was a good idea to make see-through stairs & bridges???!

ClaireG

CHEERY O
I am actually terrified of flying, but since I live in a foreign Country thousands of miles from my family and I love to travel AND my job needs me to travel too. I HAVE to fly. I have all kinds of coping methods and I think I have been on approx 2,000 flights... BUT every time, I get sweaty hands and have been close to passing out a few times...

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Not of hights per se, but of places that don't look solid - where there's no railing or where the floor is a metal grid and I can see all the way down. That rules our jumping - even into my own pool that is 1.5 m deep. I'm not afraid of water - being tossed around by strong waves in the sea is fun, even if I get dragged under the surface and can't tell up from down, as long as I can feel the ground.
I don't like those things, either! I don't want to see what's below me!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Oh, I've never heard of anyone more than me that has this. I hate swimming in lakes too, but have no problem with pools. When I say I can't see the bottom of the lake people look at me like I'm weird. Never connected the things, but me too almost drowned in a lake when I was little.
I'm the very same way! I won't go in the ocean/lake/whatever past about my ankles - I want to see where I'm stepping. Pools don't bother me, either! I tried to learn to water ski a few times and I freaked out because I had to get IN the water to wait for the boat to pull me up. Those lakes are full of hugs weeds!!! I never did learn!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
My worst phobia is spiders. Also bugs, basically all creepy creeps except the most common onces (like flies, mosquitoes, ants, bees), guess I'm used to them or something. But a spider can throw me into a proper panic attack.

Also heights. What idiot thought it was a good idea to make see-through stairs & bridges???!
I don't know who that idiot was but I'll NEVER go out on one!!! The big "whoop" is to walk out on that see-through bridge over The Grand Canyon!! I'm getting sweaty just thinking about it!!#crazy#dk