Oscraps

Were you a paper scrapper before digi?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Paper scrapping is something I have never done. I do like the tactile nature of it though. I don’t think I would like the mess and I certainly do not have the space for the supplies..
I loved touching and smelling (don't judge) the paper. Some of it was better than others. It does take a lot of space, though.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I have never been a paper scrapbooker. The idea of cutting a photo or paper makes me ill. I love to keep my options open. Sometimes the last thing that I do is swap out the background paper and that would be impossible. I could not handle the supplies or the mess. Besides, I love arty effects which would be near impossible to create.
Sandy, at first, I could NOT stand to cut into a 12x12 piece of beautiful paper. Then I got to where it didn't bother me one bit! But I do remember my angst. I also love the "effects" we can achieve with digi scrapping!

LazyDaisy

Hi, I know i‘m coming in mid conversation. I know life changed for me with clipping masks. Simple once you know hard when you don’t. I just wanted to say I didn’t scrapbook afk. I do horde some things I could probably scrapbook but probably won’t. I have paper of many types for printing & laminating scattered on a table & if I add scrapbooking I think I would have my place covered in paper, accessories & large journals. I love digital scrapbooking & the amazing designs you can use. It keeps one part of my home paper free. :D I didn’t know anything about scrapbooking & I have learned so much here. I like trying traditional styles & also my weird experiments. Thank you to everyone as I have learned so much here.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Hi, I know i‘m coming in mid conversation. I know life changed for me with clipping masks. Simple once you know hard when you don’t. I just wanted to say I didn’t scrapbook afk. I do horde some things I could probably scrapbook but probably won’t. I have paper of many types for printing & laminating scattered on a table & if I add scrapbooking I think I would have my place covered in paper, accessories & large journals. I love digital scrapbooking & the amazing designs you can use. It keeps one part of my home paper free. :D I didn’t know anything about scrapbooking & I have learned so much here. I like trying traditional styles & also my weird experiments. Thank you to everyone as I have learned so much here.
Hi! Never too late to join the conversation!! I felt the same way about clipping masks and masking, in general! It changed my life. LOL I never even knew how to clip - what fun! I agree about keeping the clutter down - I still manage to clutter my work desk, but NOTHING like the messes I constantly had when I was a paper scrapper!

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Yes! I started paper scrapbooking! I still produce paper scrapbooks for my ladies' organizations-massive volumes involving the same color scheme. Many of my older son's pictures were printed and scrapped that way. By the time my second son came along, I started experimenting with a digital camera and had a phone that took pictures. I think my fascination and love of extractions came from cutting away bad backgrounds and cutting out paper dolls (when I was young!)

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Yes! I started paper scrapbooking! I still produce paper scrapbooks for my ladies' organizations-massive volumes involving the same color scheme. Many of my older son's pictures were printed and scrapped that way. By the time my second son came along, I started experimenting with a digital camera and had a phone that took pictures. I think my fascination and love of extractions came from cutting away bad backgrounds and cutting out paper dolls (when I was young!)
Oh, for sure - ITA about extractions!! Now, I LOVE them so much and that has to be why! I think it's so cool that you still paper scrap!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I think one of my biggest "ah-ha's - I love this look and cannot do it in paper scrapping was using blending modes. Papers, photos, brushes, I love being able to blend *everything*

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I think one of my biggest "ah-ha's - I love this look and cannot do it in paper scrapping was using blending modes. Papers, photos, brushes, I love being able to blend *everything*
I love blending, too, Chris! I almost always blend something on a page. I never thought about blending elements until I watched a blending tutorial - I do it all the time now.

zanthia

CHEERY O
i tried paper scrapping and it was too hard on my hands . soon after i discoverd digital and never thought about trying paper any more.

Adryane

aA Creative Team Member
With all the paper supplies I have, you would think I could answer this with a yes, but, no.
I collected the supplies thinking I would learn to do the pages but discovered digital with Jessica Sprague and never got to doing paper pages.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
With all the paper supplies I have, you would think I could answer this with a yes, but, no.
I collected the supplies thinking I would learn to do the pages but discovered digital with Jessica Sprague and never got to doing paper pages.
Haha it sounds like you just like paper. I love paper and have always collected anything paper.

janedee

I was a paper scrapper for 8 years, then I did both digi and paper for a couple of years before finally switching to totally digi. I still have lots of supplies left too which I use occasionally for a mini album.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I was a paper scrapper for 8 years, then I did both digi and paper for a couple of years before finally switching to totally digi. I still have lots of supplies left too which I use occasionally for a mini album.
I did the same thing - did both for a few years. I finally discovered how much more I liked digi.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
My paper scrapbooking began when the kids were babies in the 80's. I never did a whole lot of it, just off and on. I hated cutting stuff out, lol! My digi scrapping actually began in the early 2000's, probably 2001 when my first grandchild was born. I created pages with Word for Windows and then printed them out on 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock. Then I bought a printer that could handle 12 x 12 paper. Then around 2005 I bought my first laptop and my first Photoshop Elements program and joined my first on-line digi forum! Don't even remember where it was! I was in hog heaven! :D

I still cannot resist buying paper scrapping stuff, however! I tried my hand at junk journaling, but don't "get it" and am not a good, consistent journaler!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
My paper scrapbooking began when the kids were babies in the 80's. I never did a whole lot of it, just off and on. I hated cutting stuff out, lol! My digi scrapping actually began in the early 2000's, probably 2001 when my first grandchild was born. I created pages with Word for Windows and then printed them out on 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock. Then I bought a printer that could handle 12 x 12 paper. Then around 2005 I bought my first laptop and my first Photoshop Elements program and joined my first on-line digi forum! Don't even remember where it was! I was in hog heaven! :D

I still cannot resist buying paper scrapping stuff, however! I tried my hand at junk journaling, but don't "get it" and am not a good, consistent journaler!
Oh, I get the paper thing. I still love it and love browsing the paper scrapping sections at the big box stores.

AnikA68

I love the "O"
I was a digi scrapper and switched to paper scrap. I have never regretted it. I love buying the material and hold it in my hands. Leaf through the paper blocks, the colors, the stamps, all of this.