Oscraps

Were you a paper scrapper before digi?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
This always makes me curious. I was a paper scrapper for many years before I discovered digital scrapbooking. I was just talking about this with an online friend and she had never been a paper scrapper. How about you?

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I was a paper scrapper for 25+ years.... and still occasionally do paper scrapper for special memories or events. My latest was scrapping 2 albums of my husband's Navy career (20 years) and 2 albums of his Grumman Technical Representative to the Navy (19 years). I also taught Paper scrapping and using art rubber stamps for 10 years. I discovered digital scrapping about 16-17 years ago and fell in love with it.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I was a paper scrapper for 25+ years.... and still occasionally do paper scrapper for special memories or events. My latest was scrapping 2 albums of my husband's Navy career (20 years) and 2 albums of his Grumman Technical Representative to the Navy (19 years). I also taught Paper scrapping and using art rubber stamps for 10 years. I discovered digital scrapping about 16-17 years ago and fell in love with it.
Those are priceless memories, Kay. I'm sure those things would be hard to get into digital format. What an awesome thing to document! I know you make cards, too.

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
I was a paper scrapper and sold Creative Memories. I also scrapped for others on commission. I did my first digital books using the new Apple bookmaking system in 2003. So I followed the trend and searched the web for designers. ( In 2002. I used an early template of Anna's.) I have never done a digital book on commission because it takes too long, although I have made many gift books for my 30-something sons, and I have quite a collection of books featuring our travels. I still have LOTS of hard copy photos I need to paper scrap. Paper? Did I say paper? I have stacks and stacks of paper and towers of Club Scrap pizza boxes.

FLKaren

Yes, I was a paper scrapper before going digital for a few years. One of my sisters done CM while the other would hit the sales, lol. Every time I went back "home". to visit family, I brought back a box full of goodies... rather it be stickers, papers, etc. I love scrapping just as my kids loved arts -n- crafts, ROFL! I still have some supplies only to use for special projects, like my my journals that I use.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I was a paper scrapper for a couple of years, but I think it's much harder to make it look good. Still have tons of supplies, and I have been thinking if I should try and do some paper scrapping again, now that I have done digiscrapping for so many years (started in 2008 or something like that). Maybe paper scrapping is easier now?

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
yes i was, I collected everything to use and also bought a lot of things but in the end I only made 1 booklet, although I would love to do it again, but the time ...

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I was a paper scrapper and sold Creative Memories. I also scrapped for others on commission. I did my first digital books using the new Apple bookmaking system in 2003. So I followed the trend and searched the web for designers. ( In 2002. I used an early template of Anna's.) I have never done a digital book on commission because it takes too long, although I have made many gift books for my 30-something sons, and I have quite a collection of books featuring our travels. I still have LOTS of hard copy photos I need to paper scrap. Paper? Did I say paper? I have stacks and stacks of paper and towers of Club Scrap pizza boxes.
I loved Club Scrap paper.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Same as many of you-- I paper scrapped for a few years, then started using software to print elements for the paper stuff, and then went digi. I can't even think of paper scrapping at this point. I joke that I look at a paper and want to Ctrl-T it.

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
I started with paper, but I loved Digi more. I still have 2 12 * 12 albums and supplies and sometimes my hands started to itch.. but lack of great printed photos..(a excuse I know)

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I started with paper, but I loved Digi more. I still have 2 12 * 12 albums and supplies and sometimes my hands started to itch.. but lack of great printed photos..(a excuse I know)
I know exactly what you mean - then I think of the mess. LOL

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I started paper scrapbooking with Creative Memories. LOL on the towers of pizza boxes.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Yes, I was a paper scrapper before going digital for a few years. One of my sisters done CM while the other would hit the sales, lol. Every time I went back "home". to visit family, I brought back a box full of goodies... rather it be stickers, papers, etc. I love scrapping just as my kids loved arts -n- crafts, ROFL! I still have some supplies only to use for special projects, like my my journals that I use.
My grandkids benefitted from my "stash" too. We always did arts and crafts when they were little. I, too, still have lots of stash.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I was a paper scrapper for a couple of years, but I think it's much harder to make it look good. Still have tons of supplies, and I have been thinking if I should try and do some paper scrapping again, now that I have done digiscrapping for so many years (started in 2008 or something like that). Maybe paper scrapping is easier now?
I don't think it would be easier for me (not that I've gone digi). I always hated the big mess!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
yes i was, I collected everything to use and also bought a lot of things but in the end I only made 1 booklet, although I would love to do it again, but the time ...
I can relate - I ALWAYS had such good intentions. LOL

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Same as many of you-- I paper scrapped for a few years, then started using software to print elements for the paper stuff, and then went digi. I can't even think of paper scrapping at this point. I joke that I look at a paper and want to Ctrl-T it.
Sorry, no CTRL+del on paper. Just scraping off your mistakes and hoping you didn't tear the paper. LOL

margje

The O is awesOme
Yes some years before I discoverd digiscrapping! Now I only make my own cards with papers! I was so happy when I discoverd this digi world! Less mess! I enjoyed the learning process! My first clipping mask was like WOW!

Kythe

CHEERY O
Paper scrapping is something I have never done. I do like the tactile nature of it though. I don’t think I would like the mess and I certainly do not have the space for the supplies..

MSMAUK

I have never been a paper scrapbooker. The idea of cutting a photo or paper makes me ill. I love to keep my options open. Sometimes the last thing that I do is swap out the background paper and that would be impossible. I could not handle the supplies or the mess. Besides, I love arty effects which would be near impossible to create.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Yes some years before I discoverd digiscrapping! Now I only make my own cards with papers! I was so happy when I discoverd this digi world! Less mess! I enjoyed the learning process! My first clipping mask was like WOW!
I was SO excited to master the clipping mask, too! You're right about the mess! My room used to look like a cyclone had blown through it.