Oscraps

Water, water, water....

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Me!!! My poor little water droplet in the Water Time App always looks so sad and disappointed in me. ;)
With the weather finally warming up, it will get easier but I need to be much more conscientious about it.

So you don't think I am battier than usual, here is a link to the app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobilecreatures.drinkwater
vZl9Gh52QCw2NubAtKDgpSpBdROySRocmSUtUUQh7b5aX_XZRHxqSJZelCxueyUAM3U=w300

He gets this very sad, flattened face when I don't drink any water. I don't want to make him sad. :(
Save

clindoeil

Marie-Claire
Very very interesting conversation....
We are all alike, I should also make efforts to drink more.
I do it well for a few days, and then : i forget again. I wake up at night and I realize that I'm dying of thirst ...
But then I'm too lazy to go get drink, and I tell myself that if I go drink, I will have to rise then to do ... pee :icon_frown::? :?:?

Also when i am on my computer, i don't want to go downstairs to drink.
The app on the phone ... ? not good for me, i always forget where is my phone ! :rofl:

I see : i have a lot of work to do with me, if i want to drink more ! !

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Some days I manage perfectly to drink plenty of water ... and other days I drink too much coffee ... Today was another day :( :madgrin:

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Very very interesting conversation....
We are all alike, I should also make efforts to drink more.
I do it well for a few days, and then : i forget again. I wake up at night and I realize that I'm dying of thirst ...
But then I'm too lazy to go get drink, and I tell myself that if I go drink, I will have to rise then to do ... pee :icon_frown::? :?:?
!

I do this too!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Marijke - same here, I end up drinking so much more coffee when it is cold. And it is easier to pee when I am not freezing with layers upon layers of clothes. :rofl:

NancyP

Vicki, and anyone else who lacks in the water department, get serious!!! Since I posted in January I almost ended up in the hospital. I didn't know what was wrong with me. Weak, dizzy, the shakes, couldn't think, could hardly talk. My doctor got me in the next day and wow, I thought she was going to hang me up. I was severely dehydrated!!! She then went into this long lecture about what can happen to your body from severe dehydration, and it AIN'T pretty!!! You lose electrolytes and potassium. That can be extremely dangerous. Now I eat a banana every day!! I also keep Gatorade in the house for a "just in case". I haven't had to drink any as of yet. It's sugar content is pretty high. So gals------DRINK THAT WATER!!!!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
That is pretty scary, Nancy! Whenever my family complains of being tired and brain foggy, I tell them to drink water. If that doesn't help, then I know that their Lyme is acting up. ;)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Vicki, and anyone else who lacks in the water department, get serious!!! Since I posted in January I almost ended up in the hospital. I didn't know what was wrong with me. Weak, dizzy, the shakes, couldn't think, could hardly talk. My doctor got me in the next day and wow, I thought she was going to hang me up. I was severely dehydrated!!! She then went into this long lecture about what can happen to your body from severe dehydration, and it AIN'T pretty!!! You lose electrolytes and potassium. That can be extremely dangerous. Now I eat a banana every day!! I also keep Gatorade in the house for a "just in case". I haven't had to drink any as of yet. It's sugar content is pretty high. So gals------DRINK THAT WATER!!!!!!

OH MY GOSH! NANCY! I'm so glad you are OK! That is so scary. And, honestly I think I've been close to that point in the last 6 months with the brain fog, weakness, etc. and I've gone the gatorade route and it does help. Thank you so much for posting this!

I'm getting serious about this right now!

big, big hugs!!!!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I fill up a 62 ounce carafe every morning and I make sure I drink it all throughout the day.

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
I just read through all these amazing tips and suggestions because I too need to increase my water intake. Then I read Nancy's warning about her experience with dehydration. That is a wake up call for me here in hot south Florida. My favorite thing is to put citrus slices (orange, lime and lemon- together or on their own) in a glass container in the fridge so it is cold and refreshing.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I just read through all these amazing tips and suggestions because I too need to increase my water intake. Then I read Nancy's warning about her experience with dehydration. That is a wake up call for me here in hot south Florida. My favorite thing is to put citrus slices (orange, lime and lemon- together or on their own) in a glass container in the fridge so it is cold and refreshing.

That sound delicious! Citrus is also supposed to help with digestion.