Oscraps

Update on my journey with TNBC

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I thank God for the news that the cancer had not spread to my lymph nodes! I am considered stage one which is early cancer. I am so thankful I went for my mammogram when I did and did not forget to go this year. The cancer was caught early which improves my prognosis considerably. I go to the oncologist today and we will discuss my treatment plan. The nurse navigator told me I will probably have chemo every three weeks. I don't know the start and stop dates yet. They will also do a genetic test on me to determine if I have inherited genes that caused this as BRCA 1 gene mutation causes many cases of triple negative breast cancer. The results will come back in two weeks. This will impact future treatments and additional surgeries. I appreciate your continued support and prayers. I have felt like I am in suspended animation and am not able to do much besides reading a little and watching some tv. I am hoping to get to scrap soon but have been emotionally overwhelmed and drained.

Last edited:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Sending healing thoughts your way, Evelyn. 2 of my daughters have had breast cancer and are both doing fine (14 yrs and 7 yrs survivors). So glad they caught your early.
Thank you so much, Kay. I am so sorry to hear your daughters had to go through this but am so happy they are doing well!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
That's the best news you could have hoped for at this point! I hope you continue to get good reports.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
That's great news !
My girlfriend experienced about the same thing 2 years ago. She had not gone to a mammography for a few years, and then she went anyway, and there she discovered a malignant lump, they removed the small tumor (they were also there at an early stage), then she had chemo and radiation, and now everything is going very well with her.