Oscraps

Title help, please!

DianneF

I really need some help, because I'm making this way too hard.....but I can't think of a title for a layout that I'm working on. The photos are of us right after my husband adopted my daughter. None of the standard titles about adoption really fit, because they mostly refer to babies. I married my husband when my daughter was 9 months old and she has never known her bio-dad, so he's always been her real dad anyway.

I was thinking "Officially a Fago"....because that was the only thing that really made us remember that she wasn't his biological daughter, she didn't have the same last name. So, that day she was officially made a Fago. But, does that sound cheesy? How about just "Official" and then I can explain things in my journaling.....see....I told you I was making this hard! It's just that this is one of those layouts that you want to be just right, you know? It's not something from our every day life.....

Help! lol I need some opinions here!

EHStudios

I lOve Me Some O!
I agree with Merkee. Title it Official & then elaborate with some nice journalling. I have a few cousins that aren't biological children of their dads and I'd think of it that way. Now is it just official.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
LindaS calls it "Forever Family Day" the day that she adopted her children. A completely different adoption situation but still a day about love and family so it could still sit. So it could go something along those lines like...
Our first day of forever
Unnecessarily Official
It wasn't official???
This was the day
He's officially ours
Officially Us

Look, I just made it even harder. Good job Clara. I think just keep it simple though. It is all in the journaling. Give us a link in this thread when you finish it though. I'd like to see what you come up with.

DianneF

Thanks so much for your help, ladies! I went with my first idea, which I guess they say that's the best to do anyway....lol So, I used "official". I did a bit of journaling, but not much. I will probably do that part over, because I need to sit down and probably type something out for it. But, for now, I just added a journal sheet that has a small amount of journaling on it.

Here's the link so that you can go check it out!

http://countrylifeinthebigcity.blogspot.com/2009/10/official-layout-practical-scrappers.html

Thanks again! Sometimes I just need to ask for help, because as soon as I do, I can settle on an idea easier....if that makes any sense at all. lol

hondachicc

Di....I just got in here on this one....checked out your page and it's fabulous!! I know how you feel here....My DH adopted my two daughters...and given he already had three from his previous marriage..it has never been easy...but it really does give you a complete feelling!! He has been an excellent father to ALL 5 of his children!! His daughters do not consider my girls to be their sisters...only step sisters...but they lived with their Mom...but my girls do consider them to be sisters and always refer to them that way. They all get along fabulously though (they are grown now 21-29) I am very happy for you and your family!!!! :)

yvonnahenna

Thanks again! Sometimes I just need to ask for help, because as soon as I do, I can settle on an idea easier....if that makes any sense at all. lol

Yups,, it DOES make sense ;)
Sorry I missed this question. I saw you had good advice, and I also would say to stick with your first idea.

Such a nice day to remember!

Off to see your layout :)