Oscraps

Thrifting find….

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
My daughter loves thrifting for clothes. I in the other hand like finding little finds…

remember these?
1711207089827.jpeg

I’m going to by them and figure out how to remove those little plastic pieces designed for the cassette tape cogs…. I’m thinking mini albums? Maybe little mixed media albums? They would be perfect for ATC size cards.

Any suggestions?

also… check this out
1711208521729.jpeg

it has 12 pages for 12 different records but I’m going to do some mixed media work to the covers and make these record pockets as pockets to house my kid’s accomplishments per school year. Super excited about this find.

Last edited:

Caro

CHEERY O
Wow what amazing artifacts from history you found there lmao. Can you imagine bringing up these antiques to our kids they'll be like, o_Oo_Oo_O
I love thrifting. We drive a few cities away to Savers because it's a lot bigger and nicer there vs the stuffy, little thrift stores around here. And they always have great deals. I hear thrift stores are actually starting to charge a lot more :angry3: and don't get me started on the resellers showing up early and getting all the good stuff. I'm not crafty at all so no suggestions from me :blinddeafdumb:

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
thrifting is my middle name!

love the cassette tapes, think they would work great with playing cards too!

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Ah man, awesome finds and ideas you have there!!! :beatingheart: I still have my collection of cassette tapes from the 80's and 90's :lovey3: I remember recording songs off of the radio in the 90's..trying to hit record as soon as the DJ stopped talking...LOL

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Ah man, awesome finds and ideas you have there!!! :beatingheart: I still have my collection of cassette tapes from the 80's and 90's :lovey3: I remember recording songs off of the radio in the 90's..trying to hit record as soon as the DJ stopped talking...LOL
Yeah I remember hitting record as well. and then you could hear the silly button being pressed on the tape as well. How did we ever survive that? LOL.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
me too!
I'd do the same with the VCR with the heavy metal hour on MTV. What was that called...

Esther, no collection of cassettes would be compete without the pencil needed to wind up any loose tape

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I am showing my age here... I still have 2 storage sets with 6 drawers each that is filled with my cassette tapes!!! And... I still listen to them. 2 years ago I bought a Victrola unit that plays cassettes, CDs and vinyl LP records... plus a radio. I have it in the office so I can play any of those that I want to listen to. :dancing6: And should I mention that I have a large collection of the LP records?? :rotfl: There seems to be a resurgent of people wanting those again.

Photo of the player and you can see the cassette storage units on top of the bookcase.

IMG_2386-small.jpg

Last edited:

LauraD

Scrapbooking reminds us that life is beautiful.
CHEERY O
I'm from the 1900's. I remember those :) Great find!

BoatLady

LOL music--- remember 45's, 33 and 78 records, how about reel to reel music. I am as old as dirt!!!
Got rid of cassettes long ago right after getting rid of 8-tracks!!!
Records got sold when we moved to Fl 6 years ago. CD's just got donated because all our music is on thumb drives now.
Unless you use satellite our van and truck do not have any other way to have music except thumb drive or radio. No CD play in hubby's computer just one in mine.
I guess we went with the flow, thumb drives are small and hold so many songs.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
DH and I sold almost all of our records at a garage sale to help pay for our wedding. 2 huge boxes of them for $50.
My son is and always will be horrified by that. Vinyl (as the cool kids call it :cool: ) is huge again and he would have loved to have some of the classics. He recently bought a few Iron Maiden albums that I am sure we would have had.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
LOL music--- remember 45's, 33 and 78 records, how about reel to reel music. I am as old as dirt!!!
Got rid of cassettes long ago right after getting rid of 8-tracks!!!
Records got sold when we moved to Fl 6 years ago. CD's just got donated because all our music is on thumb drives now.
Unless you use satellite our van and truck do not have any other way to have music except thumb drive or radio. No CD play in hubby's computer just one in mine.
I guess we went with the flow, thumb drives are small and hold so many songs.
LOL... I am at least as old as you.... Yes, I still have a reel to reel player and a few reel to reel music reels. I would put on the Kingston Trio reel and the kids knew it was cleaning day.... they still laugh about it when they hear those songs - but it got them cleaning with no arguments. And I still have most of the LP vinyl record albums we collected but got rid of the 78s and 45s and the 8-tracks.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
WOW! I remember reel to reel! And DH still has his dad and mom's LP records (and a stereo that doesn't work). I sold a few of my cassette tapes but ended up taking most of the to the thrift store. My 45's from my teen years were broken when the preachers were encouraging us to destroy "the devil's music!" Wish I had them back, LOL!