Oscraps

Themes that are not your favorite

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
To return to the themes that Ana started with.
Are there themes that do not appeal to you at all?
If I look at the themes here in Oscraps shop, then the patriotic theme is not for me.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I too, like Sonja, don't use many baby themed kits. I don't have a lot of baby photos to scrap with. In a pinch, though, I can scrap about the dogs (they are like my babies LOL) so I can use that theme but mostly prefer not to. I also don't scrap July 4th themed kits except for the generic elements b/c we don't celebrate July 4th, our dog is terrified of the noise of fireworks so we stay away from any of the festivities.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I don't think that I have themes that I actively dislike. I don't typically scrap baby pictures or ones with food or cooking. But I don't know that I dislike them, per se. I have a harder time scrapping with kits that are more traditional or look like paper-scrapping

Oh no! My Grammarly text "tone" image is this: 1687116487423.png
I'm sorry, I am not angry at all, Grammarly! ( i think Grammarly isn;t used to me using words like dislike :eek:

Kythe

CHEERY O
Dislike? no not really. I can work with pretty much anything except the really oddball ones that are a bit surreal.

For my personal pages I definitely don't use 'cutsie' or cartoon-like stuff. I have used baby and food kits but not often mostly because I don't have little ones and I am not a big recipe collector nor do I take photos of what I eat at restaurants or elsewhere.

Having said that, there are some really great kits with those themes and if I needed to do something for CT work then I would use them.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Well, patriotic, since I'm not American, and hence also thanksgiving & stuff like that. And Disney - not a fan.

Mother's Day is a hard one too.

Amandajk

Wow. Well, I LOVE Patriotic-1687226286239.jpeg :heartpumpred: they are often hard to come by. Got my eye on the new Freedom Fest release! I can understand though if you are not from USA.
I don't like French themes- If it has Eiffel Tower I will probably pass on it. Disney, never was a fan, too limiting among other things.
I've only purchased one "Baby" kit- they too are pretty limiting. Like Jane janedee Cutsie and Halloween not for me eitherr! Lastly I don't care for ones heavy with photographic imagery of people and things. That said, there are a LOT of things in the store that I still am wishing for!! :dancing6:

Renate3380

To return to the themes that Ana started with.
Are there themes that do not appeal to you at all?
If I look at the themes here in Oscraps shop, then the patriotic theme is not for me.
I have quite some i'm not into it. :blushing1:

~Festive (holi)days that we don't celebrate in our country (except for Halloween)
~Camping
~Extreme sports
~Religious themes
~Fantasy, fairytales and storybook

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I've just discovered this thread... how did I miss it...

Like many non-Americans, I don't care much for patriotic kits (though I guess I'd need one if I were to scrap a visit to the US), and I am definitely not a fan of super girly pink extra flowers mother's day either. Disney obsession is a total mystery to me - it was fun when my kids were small but now all things 'mouse' are just baffling...

However, as part of my CT duties, I sometimes find myself working with products I wouldn't normally choose. And I have found on more than one occasion that once I start working with a kit that didn't appeal to me initially, I somehow end up loving it - I just ignore the elements that are not relevant to my layout and find creative ways to use the ones that are... which makes me feel like a good and resourceful scrapper - always a bonus and THE point of having a hobby.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I pretty much agree with Kythe @Kythe - for CT work, even if I don't like it, I make it work.

As for the patriotic theme, one of the other CT's I'm on just released a new kit for DSD called Stars and Stripes. It's red, white and blue with lots of American flags on it - she's not even from the US.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Olga, @Jam-on-toast we cross-posted. I totally agree with you on the CT work and kits that don't necessarily appeal to us. I can completely understand why non-US scrappers wouldn't want to do US pages - why would you? One of the other CT's I'm on came out with 4th of July for the US and Canada, which was nice. Again, she's not even from the US. If I ever visited another country, I'd want to, like you said.

Renate3380

Olga, @Jam-on-toast we cross-posted. I totally agree with you on the CT work and kits that don't necessarily appeal to us. I can completely understand why non-US scrappers wouldn't want to do US pages - why would you? One of the other CT's I'm on came out with 4th of July for the US and Canada, which was nice. Again, she's not even from the US. If I ever visited another country, I'd want to, like you said.
I'm a huge fan of Michael Bublé. I have scrapped a layout years ago with a "canadian" kit.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Olga, I have felt that too. The more that I worked with a kit that I didn't think I would like-- it grew on me. And vice versa. Sometimes I am stoked to get a kit based on the preview and then I struggle to get the pieces to work for me.

I realized how little I have in my stash for babies and children. I was making a card for a baby shower and had nothing that worked!

*gina*

CHEERY O
It depends on the kit, but I don't like at all
- Christmas and religious themes
- personal journaling

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Oh my gosh - I totally LOVE the patriotic kits!!! I have so many pages I have done with different kits! We are big here on Independence Day and Memorial Day and have plenty to scrap! I can totally see non Americans not having any use for them though - why would you unless it's a travel theme of a vacation one had here. That's like Italian Kits. I love them, and I bought a few when we went there, but I'd have no use for them otherwise.

My themes I rarely if ever use are Sports themed, and I'm not big on fantasy kits. Don't even get me started on scary clowns!!!

pachimac

CHEERY O
Olga, I have felt that too. The more that I worked with a kit that I didn't think I would like-- it grew on me. And vice versa. Sometimes I am stoked to get a kit based on the preview and then I struggle to get the pieces to work for me.

I realized how little I have in my stash for babies and children. I was making a card for a baby shower and had nothing that worked!

Chris, I agree with you on all of this. There have been times when I absolutely ADORE a kit from the preview, then I just can't seem to make it work. Other times I grumble about a kit and wind up loving it!!!

I don't have much baby stuff. I never really scrap with a lot of cutesy stuff.

pachimac

CHEERY O
I pretty much agree with Kythe @Kythe - for CT work, even if I don't like it, I make it work.

As for the patriotic theme, one of the other CT's I'm on just released a new kit for DSD called Stars and Stripes. It's red, white and blue with lots of American flags on it - she's not even from the US.
Oh shoot - I keep forgetting to go buy that one!! I need to add that to my stash!

pachimac

CHEERY O
Wow. Well, I LOVE Patriotic-View attachment 397616 :heartpumpred: they are often hard to come by. Got my eye on the new Freedom Fest release! I can understand though if you are not from USA.
I don't like French themes- If it has Eiffel Tower I will probably pass on it. Disney, never was a fan, too limiting among other things.
I've only purchased one "Baby" kit- they too are pretty limiting. Like Jane janedee Cutsie and Halloween not for me eitherr! Lastly I don't care for ones heavy with photographic imagery of people and things. That said, there are a LOT of things in the store that I still am wishing for!! :dancing6:

Whoah - what? What is the Freedom Fest of which you speak?? I need it before I even see it! :)
1687226286239-jpeg.397616

pachimac

CHEERY O
Dislike? no not really. I can work with pretty much anything except the really oddball ones that are a bit surreal.

For my personal pages I definitely don't use 'cutsie' or cartoon-like stuff. I have used baby and food kits but not often mostly because I don't have little ones and I am not a big recipe collector nor do I take photos of what I eat at restaurants or elsewhere.

Having said that, there are some really great kits with those themes and if I needed to do something for CT work then I would use them.
when on CT's I find it a great challenge to use theme-y kits off theme and make them work!!! I love doing that.

pachimac

CHEERY O
I don't think that I have themes that I actively dislike. I don't typically scrap baby pictures or ones with food or cooking. But I don't know that I dislike them, per se. I have a harder time scrapping with kits that are more traditional or look like paper-scrapping

Oh no! My Grammarly text "tone" image is this: View attachment 397547
I'm sorry, I am not angry at all, Grammarly! ( i think Grammarly isn;t used to me using words like dislike :eek:
Ha ha ha !!! I turned off Grammarly on my browser because lately that face is all I get. It's been really frustrating in the world lately!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Oh shoot - I keep forgetting to go buy that one!! I need to add that to my stash!
You NEED that one - I just HAPPENED to have a great picture of Braden's football team running onto the field with the guys carrying full sized American flags for that reveal!!!

pachimac

CHEERY O
You NEED that one - I just HAPPENED to have a great picture of Braden's football team running onto the field with the guys carrying full sized American flags for that reveal!!!
I have the perfect picture for it. Melissa is wearing red white and blue patchwork bermudas with a red shirt and saluting a huge American flag.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I have the perfect picture for it. Melissa is wearing red white and blue patchwork bermudas with a red shirt and saluting a huge American flag.
Here's the picture I used - "Small town Americana" we're very patriotic here. Braden's football team running out onto the field. I'd love to see the picture of Melisssa.

resized.jpg

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Wow. Well, I LOVE Patriotic-View attachment 397616 :heartpumpred: they are often hard to come by. Got my eye on the new Freedom Fest release! I can understand though if you are not from USA.
Nothing Disney for me, either. I went to "the magic kingdom" a few years ago, but would never go back.