Oscraps

The Redbuds are Out!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
On my way home from work yesterday, the sky was beginning to clear after a rally rainy, gloomy week. As the clouds broke up, the sun shown down on the road home from the university and nearly took my breath away. When the redbuds are almost ready to bloom, they turn this misty, feathery shade of maroon. In the sun, it looked like a Monet or Renoir painting. By Monday, they will be in full bloom. The pollen makes me sneeze, but I adore this time of year!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
On my way home from work yesterday, the sky was beginning to clear after a rally rainy, gloomy week. As the clouds broke up, the sun shown down on the road home from the university and nearly took my breath away. When the redbuds are almost ready to bloom, they turn this misty, feathery shade of maroon. In the sun, it looked like a Monet or Renoir painting. By Monday, they will be in full bloom. The pollen makes me sneeze, but I adore this time of year!
They're making me sneeze too, but I LOVE them!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Have you been able to get any pictures, they sound lovely!
I like when the forsythia gets ready to bloom, they get that same yellowish "haze" around them, makes me very happy to see.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
@faerywings No pictures so far. I need to find a safe place to stop so I can and enough light to grab a couple. My little forsythia bloomed really early this year and now it froze again last night. But now I think on it I haven't seen any others out. I hope the hydrangeas bloom before we leave - I want to take a few cuttings from the plants at the courthouse if they will let me. Those plants are gorgeous!.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I will look forward to cherry blossom time here on the Island, the air is filled with sweet fragrance and beautiful pink blossoms! Our hydrangea bush has just started to bud, so hoping for a lot of beautiful flowers this year!

acmonroe1

Brought daffodil buds in on Saturday and they are in full bloom inside today! Crocus are blooming, but waiting for redbud and cherry blossoms! Enjoy!

Amandajk

EVERYTHING is blooming here- has been for over a week! Dogwoods, Daffodils, red Camilias, even the brief flowering Wisteria!!
0de94425811951c6580bdc89b965a39d.jpg
AND sneezing. Pollen is super thick this year- I opened the door to enjoy the screen door/fresh air and pollen covered our dining table!!

Jeannette

CHEERY O
Had to google what redbuds are, but wow, they are amazing!!
Isn't it awesome that Spring is coming? I have a few dafodills from my own garden in a vase in m livingroom!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@faerywings No pictures so far. I need to find a safe place to stop so I can and enough light to grab a couple. My little forsythia bloomed really early this year and now it froze again last night. But now I think on it I haven't seen any others out. I hope the hydrangeas bloom before we leave - I want to take a few cuttings from the plants at the courthouse if they will let me. Those plants are gorgeous!.
I hope that you can get a picture when it is safe to do so. My poor crocuses have been trying to bloom for weeks now and they keep getting snowed over. They are determined to keep trying, however. My daffodils are about 3-4" above ground but are just stalks ATM.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Brought daffodil buds in on Saturday and they are in full bloom inside today! Crocus are blooming, but waiting for redbud and cherry blossoms! Enjoy!
Welcome to Ocsraps! I love when everything starts to bloom. I'd love to see some photos of your flowers too :)