Oscraps

Texturizing your pages

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
One of the techniques I used to LOVE was adding texture to the background which created interest and made for a more artsy page. I seem to have tired of it and started doing other things but was recently reminded of it when I downloaded Anna Aspnes's Travel Templates Album. Each template includes at least one paper texture that creates the effect of torn, creased or stacked papers and adds depth to the background. Which prompted me to go through my stash looking for other paper texture packs I have. It turned out I only have one - but I've used it countless times.

1685013286911.png 1685013147889.png

What about you? Do you texturize your pages?

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I love texturizing my background pages. I usually use stamps and anything that's included in the kits. I don't feel like my page is complete unless I texturize with something.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I have one of Anna's paper texture packs --heh, I had to go look and see and it is the same one as you Paper Textures No 4. I don't use it as often as I should. Most of my texturizing of papers is by using Blending Modes. I love the way that brings out depth to the papers.

What are some of the other textures in the shop, might have to try that instead :)

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I have one of Anna's paper texture packs --heh, I had to go look and see and it is the same one as you Paper Textures No 4. I don't use it as often as I should. Most of my texturizing of papers is by using Blending Modes. I love the way that brings out depth to the papers.

What are some of the other textures in the shop, might have to try that instead :)

I don't use blending modes often enough... When I look at other pages in the gallery, I feel it's so easy and straighforward and then I open a new page and start creating.. and it all comes out wrong and out of whack..... but Anna's paper textures are great - the crumples and folds and tears speak to me...

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Olga-- the best thing about blending modes is just scrolling through the different ones and seeing what happens. I have CS5 so I don't know if this is available in all versions, although I assume that it is. I use the History Snapshot when there is a Mode that I like. Once I go through all of the options, I'll look at each Snapshop and delete the ones I don't like, until there is only one left.
OTOH--one of the reasons I am such a slow scrapper is that I have to try a bunch of different papers and blend modes and opacity levels and layer order and... well, you get the picture :multitasking:
:blushing1:

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Olga-- the best thing about blending modes is just scrolling through the different ones and seeing what happens. I have CS5 so I don't know if this is available in all versions, although I assume that it is. I use the History Snapshot when there is a Mode that I like. Once I go through all of the options, I'll look at each Snapshop and delete the ones I don't like, until there is only one left.
OTOH--one of the reasons I am such a slow scrapper is that I have to try a bunch of different papers and blend modes and opacity levels and layer order and... well, you get the picture :multitasking:
:blushing1:

I know exactly what you mean... and I am soooo happy to hear I'm not alone trying one paper after another and scrolling through blending modes and just moving things around to see what looks good (most of the time it doesn't, lol...)

svanderhaegen

CHEERY O
Sonja, your journaling pages are always so gorgeous... and you add interest to your layouts in so many different ways!
Thank you so much for your kind compliment. I’m always afraid people don’t like my pages since it’s just a lot of journaling.