Oscraps

Talk to me about scrapping a LO-- as in chucking it in the bin

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I know that we all hit times where our mojo is gone or it feels like we can only stare at a blank screen and nothing happens. Turn on PS. Stare a little while. Turn off PS.

Sometimes I think that is easier than fighting a LO- you know what I mean, where you try all sorts of different photos or kits or blending or well everything you can think of, and yet-- Nothing looks right. What do you do then?? Start a LO and then delete it? Or do you start a LO and then abandon it halfway through? Sometimes, I will start a LO and I simply don't have it in me to trash it even though it deserves to be trashed. Other times I will make a copy of it and see if I have any better luck with the copy (don't; ask me why but sometimes knowing I have the OG file saved, gives me permission to deconstruct and re-struct it. LOL
How often do you go through your folders and delete old, unlike, and unfinished LOs?

I hope that I am not the only who thinks about this too :D

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I often "chuck it all" and just start over. If I'm not feeling it, I just can't make it work - I "close all" and start from scratch. Sometimes, I need to give myself some cooling off time, though.

I'm also not saving layouts anymore that I KNOW I will never need - I'm not going to print them and they're not for a CT that I MIGHT need them down the road - why keep them? They're usually for random challenges and they're just taking up space on my computer. If I THINK there's a chance that I'll need them, I put them on one of my EHD's. I'm really on a mission to de=clutter my files. I do keep CT layouts and keep them in separate folders. I have needed them again down the road. I can use some of them for re-releases.

Amandajk

I sometimes start a layout and have these issues. I will save it and let it "sit" for awhile. Often it is my own state of mind, mood, or just plain being tired that causes the conundrum. When I come back to it, 99% of the time it comes together. I almost never delete it.
I'm working one (Collab challenge) now that I started a week ago. Still not great, but I think I'm going to embrace it anyway.

Last edited:

LSlycord

Perfect example...I had to "chuck" my siggie for awhile. Seriously killed my mojo and a lot of the rest of my attitude. For whatever reason, I could not get the steps right on inserting my signature. I made a quick signature for the challenge...I really liked it...loaded it to the gallery. And that was THE END.

For the life of me, I couldn't get it to load as my signature. We went to the beach...had a great Sunday...made Shaun his requested seafood boil for supper. Came back to it yesterday morning...had to ask for help. I was ready to give up scrapping...but thanks to the ladies here I finally got it together...decided that I might just have a little too much on my mind...and realized that I probably could continue scrapping! LOL

Last edited:

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
Some layouts get finished, but never upoaded because i am not happy with them. sometimes i look at them a second time to see if i can make it work but if i still don't like it nothing happens to them. they rest in peace on my harddisk.

other times i start a layout, have photoshop open to play and lots of papers elements etc. on my screen. if nothing interesting happens on my layout i click on the X top right of my screen and it all goes away, never think about it again!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I'm all over the place regarding this. Most of the time, if a LO isn't coming together, I'll walk away for a while. When I come back I either see what the problem is or realize that what I've done so far isn't awful after all, lol.

Just recently, though, I was partway through a layout, got too frustrated, and just deleted the whole mess and started over.

I almost never delete older layout files. So far I have plenty of room on my EHD's to just transfer them to. Out of sight, out of mind.

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
I chuck layouts all the time. I really don't even like starting a layout unless something from the kit has inspired me. My favorite places to go for inspiration are nature and mixed media layouts on Pinterest (and IG). I love to just smoooosh different ideas together.

Lynn Grieveson

Designer
Designer
My philosophy is "let it gooo"

giphy.gif

If a layout isn't coming together and I've tried a few different things, I just ditch it and start from scratch. Interestingly, usually the second time is the charm!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I chuck layouts all the time. I really don't even like starting a layout unless something from the kit has inspired me. My favorite places to go for inspiration are nature and mixed media layouts on Pinterest (and IG). I love to just smoooosh different ideas together.
I would love to see what inspires you because I always like the end result!!’