Oscraps

Super proud daughter time: my mum cross stitch exhibition

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
I shared this previously somewhere else so I thought I'd share with you too.
Those are photos of my mum and her friends' cross stitch exhibition. All the visitors praised them for the wonderful and very delicate work and for the originality of the setting. It's not just art work layered on a wall but a whole universe around it with all the goodies they brought from home or found in flea markets. It is gorgeous and I'm very proud of them!

The main theme are cross stitched envelops sent out from all over the world like normal letters. They sent some for family birthdays or to friends and most of them are sent out to their home from countries they have visited or that their friends visited. They have their postal stamps and date stamps and everything.
I, for example, was charged with a few of them, found some nice matching stamps in Japan and posted their envelops from my town or from Tokyo. On over 600 they have stitched and sent out, they lost only about 3 of them. Amazing considering how beautiful they are and how envious people might get :biggrin:
My mum set up those envelops on frames she found in flea markets. She painted some of the frames, added little elements of decorations to them. A little like scrapbooking really. It looks great. I will have more detailed photos to show but for now you will have to imagine. :biggrin:

Hopefully I can make an album for them with all the photos I took.... Hopefully before everybody forget about the exhibition :rofl:

2014-0426-broderie_cie01.jpg

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=309231

Design by Tina

OMGoodness, that is absolutely wonderful, what beautiful work! you should definitely make an album!! thanks for sharing!

sabdesbois

Feeling at hOme!
What a stunning work they made!
Can't wait to see some photos... ;)

Congrats for their successful exhibition.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh Nini, what a wonderful exhibition!!! An album would be a stunning showcase of their hard work and beautiful creations.

nancyr

I love cross stitch! So wonderful to see others appreciating her talent! thanks for sharing!

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
Thank you everyone! Today is the last day and I bet they're glad it's over soon cause it was a busy 2 weeks lol. Will have more time next week to start scraping about it! See you soon with more detailed pages!