Oscraps

Summer exercise routine?

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I'm going to enjoy being back out at our ranch on wkends, starting next wkend. I'll be going up and down the big hill and doing more walking. I want to get back into swimming again too (there is an indoor and outdoor pool there). It's been a long wet winter and I am really looking forward to better weather soon and getting outdoors more.

What about you?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I do a lot more walking and gardening in the warmer weather. I like being more active even when it hurts. That is what I consider a "good hurt" as opposed to my everyday Lyme Hurt since I see some good out of it.

It also makes me drink a lot more water too. Add in some sun on my face and that makes me a happy Faery :)

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I get more exercise in the warmer weather also, more walking and then swimming in the Lake, plus doing my laps at the local indoor pool. Yard work always helps to get in that extra bit of exercise too! I just wish we had a nice semi-flat neighbourhood where we could perhaps ride a bike or something. We would have to pack our bikes up and drive for a bit to do the trans-canada trails (which would be an awesome bike ride) But first we would need to have bikes :becky:

SharLamb

Sharron
I wish I were a gardener, but I've tried and just hate everything about it. I used to see my father-in-law lose weight every summer, adding only yard work to his routine. I've also got bursitis in both hips, so walking and hiking are out. BUT...we have comfort bikes (lots of gears, but wider tires and an upright posture compared to a road bike), and we love to ride the myriad flat trails near us. We usually load the bikes on the car and drive to a trail head because our neighborhood gets pretty boring. I will also continue going to Planet Fitness 3 days a week for some weight exercises and aerobics on the reclining bike. Planet Fitness is free for me because I'm part of the Silver Sneakers program (senior citizens).

I'm hoping that weight-loss on my new Keto program, and the other exercise will help with the bursitis, and I will be able to walk the golf course again, instead of riding a power cart. Golf isn't much exercise if you're not walking the course.

felis

Actually except garden work, which I usually do late at evening, I'm in lazy mood. I hate the hot weather, it makes me tired and subdued, it's easier for me to walk in snow than in hotness (at least you always can wear one more sweater, but you can't wear less than a top). And when evening finally brings some break, there is mosquitoes and your body gone gluey from the repellents. It's not my time of the year, when I have possibility I change my life regime and sleep at day and wake up at night.

Probably will be awesome to swim or ride a bike in wild, but I never learned.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
It gets so hot here it's hard to do anything except early morning and evening. I need to do more actual swimming. I'm more of a floater :)

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Shar - how awesome to get a deal through the senior's group. Wish we had something here that was reasonable. I just quit my gym membership b/c I got tired of paying over $40 mth and only going once a week or less. I too am not a gardener and don't enjoy it. I love to look out at it but don't like doing the maintenance.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Vicki - too hot???? What the heck is that? LOL. I hope we'll be saying that at some point this summer but with the cool, wet weather we've had so far this year, it makes me wonder about our summer. I just want the sun to dry everything out so it'll be more enjoyable to go hiking thru the trails and parks. Everything is water logged around here.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
It was 93 here yesterday! Already! We typically get up into the 100s during July and August. Don't get me wrong, I definitely prefer the heat to the cold. Just don't necessarily want to be moving around during the heat of the day.

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
OK so I am not the exercising at home kinda girl. The small abs machine I bought is now all dusty and waiting in a corner of my room that I try it on again. There is actually a bead spread on it waiting to be folded too lol

But one thing lead to another (one conversation actually lead to another) and my hairdresser, who also comes at my home for English lessons, lent me her room runner as they call it here (treadmill I think you say in English?).
It wasn't too much trouble to set it up in my room so that I can watch my TV shows while walking @ sweating lol

I am only at day 3 but hopefully I will be able to do that every day before my Hawaii trip and have stronger legs and heart to enjoy sightseeing. I don't plan to hike. God, no! But I really need to do something and it's a good opportunity and motivation to exercise... I don't know what will happen after the trip... lol but for now I am doing it! Cross fingers for me that I go on to day 4!! lol

I am only walking and doing the basic 30 minutes program. Maybe if I last a week I will try a double set. We'll see.

18740017_10155262551989871_428450021230011075_n.jpg

felis

Nini this is awesome! Keep going girl :-D!

Hawaii sounds like a pretty good motivation. I find watching of TV shows distracting for me, but maybe their perfect bodies will have subconscious motivation too.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Nini-- good for you! :cheer2:

The weather here isn't cooperating at all for being outside, cool and rainy, but maybe we will warm up in June?

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Way to go, Nini!!!!!! You can do it!!!!!!!

I've begun walking outside every day. I'm enjoying it so far, but it's just now starting to get hot.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
The weather in NJ finally feels like summer so I have been outside as much as possible. It takes me a long time to weed since I have to sit, not kneel. But at least I am getting off of my butt more than in the winter.