Oscraps

so I totally have a question

LaughingSun

and I've been wondering about this for a LONG time lol.

how do you guys create the elements? the digi papers??

do you scan or take pictures of stuff then make it 'online' pretty?

I know, you don't have to tell since it's a probably a trade secret :lol:, but I'm uber curious!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I'm not a designer so I don't know 100% but from what I've seen...all of the above. For the elements some designers do some scanning and photography and then extract items. Some elements are created completely on the computer. Papers are created using brushes, stamps and textures and who knows what else. I think it really depends on the designers. I think the designers that mix it up a bit have the best kits. Oh and doodles...a lot of designers draw a lot of their own stuff. Then they use different actions and different tools to make it do different things and give it different looks.

natesia

Usually, I use a few layers to make papers. I use some colours, but they have similar tint. The first layer, I leave plain, and other, I rub with some brushes. Sometimes, I mix layers, and the paper looks better. If I need texture paper, I duplicate one preparated like I said, I duplicate it, and make a texture on the second layer, and rub it in some places, but with small density and cover.

petey111

I know that Hollie has access to some really cool Hollywood studio stuff. She can photograph those things. Some things by some designers are even hand painted! Some people use creative use items, like grayscale bows, etc., that can be colored and added to and then sold in kits.

I tried my had at making a few things, but I am in awe of these people. =)

LaughingSun

I'm totally in aw of all the designers and have no talent at all for it lol. This is why I'm such a good CUSTOMER rofl.

natesia

You know, I have never bought any elements ;P The only freebies, that I have, are made by our ScrapLandia's team... ;) and I want to do everything, all elements myself! That's a great pleasure!