Oscraps

Show us your Crafting space!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
They both sit on top of my art supply cabinet — along with another one.

View attachment 363423
If this cabinet disappears you know where to come looking for it! I am pea green with envy. One day....

And I really must try that method. It would be so wonderful for some of my family heritage stuff if I did it right. Nothing that the wax could harm but some neat stuff. Your talent is boundless, Vicki! Something like those would be great in a kit if you can reproduce it.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
@Susan - s3js and @tanteva - you two are so funny! That piece is my pride and joy and I had to save up my designer earnings for it. It took two FULL DAYS to assemble, with many tense moments between the two of us, but we survived. The sides fold in on themselves so it looks like an armoire when it closed, but that never happens. I swore that I would not keep more supplies than would fit in it — I lied. As you can see, it’s stuffed!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I'll beat you to it. I just have to figure out the minor detail on how to get it shipped to Sweden. LOL
If IKEA can ship out, I am sure they can help ship in! Although, I don't want to think about how many pieces that would end up being LOL!

Vicki Robinson

Designer
If IKEA can ship out, I am sure they can help ship in! Although, I don't want to think about how many pieces that would end up being LOL!
OMG! It’s not from Ikea, but it arrived at 600 lbs and was delivered in a truck that had an hydraulic lift! The worst part was that it arrived 4 weeks earlier than they told us it would and we had to redirect it to the house were in the middle of packing to move and had to pay extra to have the cartons moved to the new house. There must have been 50 boxes full of panels and a bazillion plastic bags of pegs, shelf thingies, nuts, bolts, screws, hinges and hundred of other parts without names! I thought Charlie was going to have a coronary just looking it all! The videos on their website has two twenty somethings assembling it in “a few“ hours — by which they meant 48! Holy moly! I can’t believe our marriage survived!

Vicki Robinson

Designer
Vicki you had a post up about encaustic art- I answered and now cannot find that post at all. In which section was it?
Hmmm ...I don't know what happened to it. Maybe when I moved these posts it inadvertently got rid of the original thread. Let me see what I can find.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I used to have a scrap room when I was a stamper and card maker. I taught classes for years in my scrap room in my basement and worked part time at a few scrap stores so acquired a huge amount of supplies. It was like having a store in my home LOL. Slowly over the last 4 yrs or so I've started donating, selling and giving away stuff b/c I know I'll never use it anymore. My old scrap room is now a storage room. I should have taken photos of my scrap room before I closed it down but I didn't unfortunately, now I wish I had.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Vicki, @Vicki Robinson I had to laugh about how much your cabinet weighed and what you went through. It's not nearly as big, but see that white cabinet (the one with the big chunky legs?) in the top picture- I ordered that, too - it's actually a big table - you can't see the drop-down leaf because it's up against the wall. That thing arrived in PIECES!! It weighs a TON, too. My poor hubby had to assemble that thing and thankfully he's an engineer because it was a daunting job! Every piece weighed SO much, but he got it done! I've moved that heavy piece 3 times now and when we moved this last time, he said, "why don't we leave it?" NO, I said, I could never LEAVE that beautiful piece that you built for me. I'm so personally attached to that table!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I love my craft space, it has lots of natural light and is filled to brim with art supplies etc. I just wish I had proper storage for my cardstock. I have been thinking that I should save my pennies and get a few more storage things from Ikea. I love that place, but my DH refuses to step inside the building again since our last visit LOL.
IMG-1827.jpg IMG-1829.jpgIMG-1826.jpg

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I used to have a scrap room when I was a stamper and card maker. I taught classes for years in my scrap room in my basement and worked part time at a few scrap stores so acquired a huge amount of supplies. It was like having a store in my home LOL. Slowly over the last 4 yrs or so I've started donating, selling and giving away stuff b/c I know I'll never use it anymore. My old scrap room is now a storage room. I should have taken photos of my scrap room before I closed it down but I didn't unfortunately, now I wish I had.
Wish I would have known that you were giving away stuff LOL!!