Oscraps

September Projects - anything to share??

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
So what have you guys been up to?? any projects to share?? they don't necessarily have to be recent, please share any of the projects you have made using mixed media stuff!!! ♥

This one of mine is an oldie, I created it last year in a little notebook I call my 'glue' book. The page are very thin so I can't use anything that is wet. I glued the book papers, old pattern tissue and stickers down with a glue stick and did apply some white acrylic paint but it was straight from the tube, no water, and dabbed on lightly with my finger. I also used some stamps, gel pens, and ink pads which I smeared over the page lightly in places. Also used a black pen to doodle as well. These sort of pages I do while I am watching something on TV as they are easy and fun to do. :)

double-page-web.jpg

I am still working on a couple of projects that I started last month, but those take me forever to do as I always have to sit and ponder what to do next! lol!!

What about you???? What have you been doing??

Veronika

That looks so very beautiful and is also a great idea if you don't want to work so extensively. Thanks for your input!

scrap-genie

Ona @wombat146 that is another beautiful result. I like the technique you're using and being able to combine it with TV!

I've started using my new 7x10" watercolor pad for mixed media collage and really like the paper. I just finished this one called "The Long Fantastic"
drawing_the-long-fantastic_2022_sm.jpg

and last week I folded a sheet in half to make a 5x7" card to thank the person who drove on our recent genealogy trip to Indiana. I really like both results.

two-balances-card_sm.jpg

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Ona @wombat146 that is another beautiful result. I like the technique you're using and being able to combine it with TV!

I've started using my new 7x10" watercolor pad for mixed media collage and really like the paper. I just finished this one called "The Long Fantastic"
View attachment 379060

and last week I folded a sheet in half to make a 5x7" card to thank the person who drove on our recent genealogy trip to Indiana. I really like both results.

View attachment 379061
OH my!!! love the cool colours in these two pieces Jean. The top one feels very organic to me, I can 'see' a tree and its roots spreading out over rocks and deep into the ground. The tree top reaching up to the sky! ♥ The card you created is stunning and once again it makes me 'see' or 'feel' that the components are very organic in nature, grassy mountains and the touches of blue for sky and a little stream. Stunning work!!

Veronika

View attachment 379060

View attachment 379061

what a fantastic and very creative work, I like it very much♥

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
So what have you guys been up to?? any projects to share?? they don't necessarily have to be recent, please share any of the projects you have made using mixed media stuff!!! ♥

This one of mine is an oldie, I created it last year in a little notebook I call my 'glue' book. The page are very thin so I can't use anything that is wet. I glued the book papers, old pattern tissue and stickers down with a glue stick and did apply some white acrylic paint but it was straight from the tube, no water, and dabbed on lightly with my finger. I also used some stamps, gel pens, and ink pads which I smeared over the page lightly in places. Also used a black pen to doodle as well. These sort of pages I do while I am watching something on TV as they are easy and fun to do. :)

I am still working on a couple of projects that I started last month, but those take me forever to do as I always have to sit and ponder what to do next! lol!!

What about you???? What have you been doing??
Oh my stars! This just soothes the heart, doesn't it? Fabulous!

Vicki Robinson

Designer

View attachment 379060

View attachment 379061
Jean, these are just wonderful! I agree with Ona — they feel so organic! Every time I look at them I see something new

Vicki Robinson

Designer
My September started with the final page of the mixed media scavenger hunt challenge I posted about in last month's thread. I was so in love with the raised texture on the art journal cover I posted last month, that I used the same technique on this page. I mixed some light green acrylic in with the super heavy gesso before I applied it to the stencil. For the bigger paint blobs (which, by the way, was one of the things our pages needed to include), I put small amounts of the pink, blue and yellow paint, along with some white onto a piece of clear cellophane packaging (from a stencil I had purchased) and the smushed it paint side down onto my page.

journal-pages-sep-01a.jpg

I've been in the habit of using the blank pages of an open journal to wipe off excess paint from stencils and such. The result of the above art session was so cool, I fell in love with it just as it was. So I added a few words this morning and I'm calling it done.

journal-pages-sep-01.jpg

Veronika

My September started with the final page of the mixed media scavenger hunt challenge I posted about in last month's thread. I was so in love with the raised texture on the art journal cover I posted last month, that I used the same technique on this page. I mixed some light green acrylic in with the super heavy gesso before I applied it to the stencil. For the bigger paint blobs (which, by the way, was one of the things our pages needed to include), I put small amounts of the pink, blue and yellow paint, along with some white onto a piece of clear cellophane packaging (from a stencil I had purchased) and the smushed it paint side down onto my page.
how beautiful, the texture is really sensational and everything is designed so bright and appealing

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O

View attachment 379100

I've been in the habit of using the blank pages of an open journal to wipe off excess paint from stencils and such. The result of the above art session was so cool, I fell in love with it just as it was. So I added a few words this morning and I'm calling it done.

View attachment 379101
Oh Vicki, your pages are awesome, just love the colour palette ♥ and thank you!!! for telling us what you did, using the cellophane packing is a great idea and colouring the gesso with paint to use for the stencils is another fantastic tip!! I have used the latter one, but not the cellophane one, it's funny how you start using the same sort of techniques and 'forget' about other ones! I am working on a project at the moment and my next layer was going to be stencil work so I will use a paint with the gesso for sure!!

Also sweets your sweet comments! xxx

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
My goodness ladies!! You are all so very talented!! @wombat146 I just love what you had been working on and if your papers are too thin, you might consider glueing a few of them together and then working on them? Not as nice as working with good quality paper, but it might do in a pinch. Such beautiful pages!!
@scrap-genie - Oh Jean, you know I just adore your style!! These are two more wonderful pieces of art!
@Vicki Robinson - These colours are to die for! Love that you kept the last two pages simple and so beautiful!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
This is what I have been working on lately... Spent a lot of hours on it, but just love the way it turned out! I will post a video in a bit of the inside and all the bits and bobs that are included.
View attachment 379156View attachment 379157View attachment 379158View attachment 379159
ooooooooooooooooohhhhhh!!! how gorgeous Trudy!! that looks like a LOT of work!!! and awesome work to boot!!! wow!!! ♥♥♥

As to sticking some of my thin notebook paper together, I tried doing that right at the back and it came out terrible......... I really liked the soft textures of the paper and the glue just made it go all bumpy! lol! so I decided to just use it as dry glue book!! :) I have about 7 journal books, different shapes and sizes and paper weight so I have enough to play in I think! lol! :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
ok here is my very long video LOL. Sorry I am not that great with You tube but I am working on it. Sorry for the shakeyness etc.
Junk Journal flip through. Hope it doesn't bore you to tears! I could still add so much more to it and might find some other treasures for it one day.
Trudy that is sooooooo cool!!!! Oh wow! you did such a fabulous job on it! All of those little hidden pockets are gorgeously done! I LOVE that little card flip out, where you pulled the flower down, soooo cute!!! You ought to go into creating these to sell, they are so beautifully made!! and I think you did well to flip through it with one hand while filming with the other!! lol! Fantastic job Trudy!! xxxx

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Oh wow! @wombat146 @scrap-genie @Vicki Robinson @taxed4ever your work is GORGEOUS. I haven't done much physical creating this month, what with being on vacation and packing to move next month. I have done a few things, I will try and post them up for you over the weekend. But I love this thread, so inspiring makes me want to hit my desk!
Thanks sweets!! xx I hear you on not being very active this month!! but my excuse has been sheer laziness!! lol!!! you couldn't actually see my desk until yesterday afternoon when I finally cleared it all off and put away a thousand things!!! hahaa!!! As I was putting stuff away I kept getting stopped by 'oh, that's why I had this paint out, I was going to do this or that with it!!' hahaha! and so on!!! So today I am all charged up to finish a couple of pages and perhaps start a new one!!! lol!!!

ClaireG

CHEERY O
Thanks sweets!! xx I hear you on not being very active this month!! but my excuse has been sheer laziness!! lol!!! you couldn't actually see my desk until yesterday afternoon when I finally cleared it all off and put away a thousand things!!! hahaa!!! As I was putting stuff away I kept getting stopped by 'oh, that's why I had this paint out, I was going to do this or that with it!!' hahaha! and so on!!! So today I am all charged up to finish a couple of pages and perhaps start a new one!!! lol!!!
I am LOL at 'sheer laziness' that is SO me. I keep doing all the things I want and not the things I 'should' be doing. For example, I should be up this late packing, but no.. I am sewing and browsing the galleries!