Oscraps

Recipes

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I would like to start sharing some healthy recipes, but I think it would be easiest, more accessible if we had a thread for each type.

What categories would you like to see? I know that I am always on the lookout for vegetarian dinner ideas.
What else?

petey111

We do, what Ben calls, "Chunks of meat with vegetables" a lot. (Chicken breasts, steak, or pork chops or pork tenderloin.) LOL We like salads a lot. My favorite is chicken (using this method) with a mixture of lettuce, a hard boiled egg, diced red pepper, diced cucumber, a just a few croutons with "home made" light ranch. I use a Hidden Valley dressing packet, light mayo and skim milk. I hate bottled ranch.

We also make taco salads a lot and fajita style chicken or steak. And I love stuffed peppers with lean ground beef and a healthy rice.

My standard lunch at school this year has been a hard boiled egg or two, a V8, and an apple. Sometimes I throw in a piece of dark chocolate or whipped peanut butter to dip the apple in.

Also, here is my "healthy-ish" recipe board on Pinterest that I've been trying to build up. Not too much of it is vegetarian Chris. Sorry. Growing up in the heart of beef country, that doesn't happen often. :) https://www.pinterest.com/petey111/healthy-ish-recipes-that-i-might-like/

petey111

Oh! And Triscuits! They are one of the "cleanest" crackers around, just wheat, sea salt, and veggie oil.

petey111

I'd love to see recipes that you think are healthy and figure out how they work for me and my life.

No one needs negativity and judgement here.

felis

No one needs negativity and judgement here.

That wasn't what I mean. Not at all! I thought I'm clearly explain how I'm formed my eating habits. I can't figure out what is make you feel worse and really sorry about that! Really,I can't figure out how these facts from popular healthy and eco life magazine which I shared with link, can be judgement, when will have bigger healthy and eco effect to discuss how to choose your food, than just how to cook it?! However, I deleted it.

Last edited by a moderator:

petey111

It's ok Felis. I shouldn't jump to conclusions about people's intentions. I understand you were trying to help. I disagree with some of your facts and we just have different lifestyles. I'm a pretty educated person and make my own decisions about what I eat. I have my own tastes and opinions and you have yours. I'd like to hear different people's recipes and what they like to eat and see what fits with my own choices. I'd love to hear what you eat on a regular basis.

felis

How about we just share recipes and not necessarily ideologies :)
I get it, but too late, sorry, at first I thought this is a topic for a healthy life. I'm not chef or nutritionist, these peoples have amazing blogs and really deserve to follow them. I'm more care about how to choose my food than how to eat it. At last case when I don't have ideas there is always have a air fryer.

https://airfry.blogspot.bg/
Save

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
I got an air fryer too! I am not using it as much as I should but maybe this thread will give me a push!!

Great ideas on this blog Felis!!! I will be honest and say that I love my meat but I sure can find a lot of inspiration there. I think I will be doing some serious pinning soon :giggle:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
That Parmesan Chicken with Mushroom wine sauce looks really good!! I am going to have to give that one a try!! :hungry: Thanks for sharing Nini!!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I think it would be good to sticky threads for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks. I don't think we need to break it down to what type of meal plan it follows. WDYT?

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
My DD is into all these "healthy" vegetables she wants to try. I don't like asparagus or brussell sprouts because of the taste...I can't see trying to turn them into something I don't care for. I don't like the taste and covering them up won't help! lol

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I think it would be good to sticky threads for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks. I don't think we need to break it down to what type of meal plan it follows. WDYT?
That was what I was thinking, basic categories. I want to work on this today. Actually, I wanted to work on it when I first posted this, but Real Life and Lyme Disease get in the way all too often. heh!!