Oscraps

RECIPES: Healthy Desserts

felis

Ok, I need someone to clarify me what you understand like say ''healthy'' in this category, please!
Because Viki already warned me to share only recipes without ideology, but I can't understand how to categorize something like healthy, without to discussing needs of eating habbits like gluten free, sugar free, and ect.
:banplease:please excuse me if my question disturb someone!

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
mango mousse with crumble (wholemeal) biscuit.
Mango and white cheese in the blender, biscuit crumbled and in between some passionfruit.

Put the crumble in a glass bowl, mango mousse on top, some passion fruit again mango mousse and finish with some crumble. then do it in the refrigerator.

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
Ok, I need someone to clarify me what you understand like say ''healthy'' in this category, please!
Because Viki already warned me to share only recipes without ideology, but I can't understand how to categorize something like healthy, without to discussing needs of eating habbits like gluten free, sugar free, and ect.
:banplease:please excuse me if my question disturb someone!

Maybe I would share just a recipe I like that is maybe not with too much sugar or too much grease? For me healthy would be something with not too much calories? I love pizza but I don't think it's something considered healthy lol. But maybe there is a recipe that allow to enjoy a pizza without too much calories or grease in it? See?

This is no a thread for discussion but just to post recipes we like.
You must have recipes that you like and that you think are healthy, no? Don't read too much into this. Let's just enjoy a recipe exchange. ;)

felis

Maybe I would share just a recipe I like that is maybe not with too much sugar or too much grease? For me healthy would be something with not too much calories? I love pizza but I don't think it's something considered healthy lol. But maybe there is a recipe that allow to enjoy a pizza without too much calories or grease in it? See?
This is no a thread for discussion but just to post recipes we like.
You must have recipes that you like and that you think are healthy, no? Don't read too much into this. Let's just enjoy a recipe exchange. ;)

Nah, I don't get it sorry! Counting of calories can be unhealthy, also one pizza is unhealthy if bring poisons in your body (fake ketchup, white flour and meat with hormones), but it always have alternatives (spinach, basil, red pepper and tomatoes grown without pesticide on thin, crispy almond flour crust) .
But appreciate it your try to explain me, thanks! OK, last time I raise this question, stick to recipes in future.

Save

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Yes, healthy is totally subjective. What I think is best is to share recipes that encourage "healthier" options- ie kale chips over potato chips. "Healthy" in that it is a veggie and uses olive oil (or your preferred oil) over processed trans fats etc. Dessert ideas could be the mango smoothie or a fresh blueberry crumble recipe that you love. Caitlyn has a vegan brownie recipe that I am going to post that is made with black beans and cocoa. You would never know it had all of the extra nutrition in it because it is so darn good!

That way we can take a look at the recipe, see if there are any changes we want to make on our own and then give it a try.

I know that it is hard to see foods and recipes that might not fit in each person's idea of "healthy" especially when it is part of your being and soul, as I know it is with felis. But we can just use this as a sharing place of ideas/recipes.

For me, counting calories is bad since I have an eating disorder but for some people, it is a very useful metric to see how much excess they are consuming. Others eat paleo and do well with that, I couldn't because it relies on meat. What is healthy for one person might not be healthy for another. Does that make sense?

Should I make this message into a sticky thread on its own? A mission statement so to speak?

Last edited:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Cait made these again and OMG- so yummy! You think that you will be able to eat a lot, but they are so "dense" that just a small square is plenty.
deep_dish_brownie_crust_peanut_butter_cream_pie-3_cmp.jpg

http://eathealthyeathappy.com/deep-...pie-vegandesserts-peanutbutter-deliciousness/

felis

Yes, healthy is totally subjective. /.../
That way we can take a look at the recipe, see if there are any changes we want to make on our own and then give it a try. I know that it is hard to see foods and recipes that might not fit in each person's idea of "healthy" especially when it is part of your being and soul, as I know it is with felis. But we can just use this as a sharing place of ideas/recipes.
/.../ What is healthy for one person might not be healthy for another. Does that make sense? Should I make this message into a sticky thread on its own? A mission statement so to speak?
I was forgot about this, sorry! Thank you for the good words, Chris! But I'm afraid that the sugar is my vice, also my family don't have problems with gluten so we baking many not so healthy desserts. :noidea:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Of course, Felis! :kiss: Caitlyn and I get into a lot of discussion and debate about animal rights/food etc. I am used to navigating some intense discussions at the dinner table with my meat-eating husband and son too.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Marijke, what do those dates taste like? I actually saw them in the supermarket the other day with a big sign "Good for Baking." But I despise raisins, and I worry that they taste similar.

nightshadow

Elaina/aka Nightshadow
Marijke, what do those dates taste like? I actually saw them in the supermarket the other day with a big sign "Good for Baking." But I despise raisins, and I worry that they taste similar.

Dates taste nothing like raisins, and the texture is different too, but there is no way to describe the taste except that they are very sweet, but they don't taste like anything else. I've loved dates since I was little.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Thx, Elaina. I might have to try that recipe then. What is the worse that can happen, I don't like it, but the rest of the family will, I am sure.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Next week I will try to make my own bounty

I've never tried dates either for that same reason Chris. But, I do actually kind of like raisins, I just never thought I'd like a HUGE raisin lol now I know I need to try them :)

I'm allergic coconut, do y'all think there's anything that work as a substitute here?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am stunned by the ingredients in this! I never heard of tofu in desserts, but it makes total sense. I'm going to explore this further!
I swear to god, you would never know. The recipe calls for Firm tofu and she has made it with Firm and Extra Firm and we like it better with the Extra.
And good news for us, there was another study (don't know who paid for it, so that is a grain of salt piece) that said tofu does not affect people with estrogen positive breast cancer.:D

nightshadow

Elaina/aka Nightshadow
Thx, Elaina. I might have to try that recipe then. What is the worse that can happen, I don't like it, but the rest of the family will, I am sure.

Mashed dates, and pureed prunes have both been used in recipes as a substitute for oil and butter, especially in things that are chocolate. Btw, you may want to buy a box of dates (you can get them already chopped) and taste them. That way if you don't like them you won't have wasted any of the other ingredients. :yo: