Oscraps

PS Crashing

bcgal00

CHEERY O
PS stopped letting me import images 4 days ago. I have been periodically able to get an image opened to scrap by uninstalling/installing PS, resetting preferences but then it starts happening again. I have been troubleshooting all the things I've found by googling but nothing solves it. Today nothing will get PS to work, I uninstalled everything (except LR) as if I have to reload my thousands of photos into it again it'll be a nightmare so for now I am leaving LR alone. I can't use bridge or camera raw without crashing PS. LR gives me an error message if I try to open photo in PS. I am reluctant to contact adobe b/c I have had lots of trouble with them in the past with bad advice and them messing things up and they always say it is a problem with my computer, not their software.

I've tried disabling plugins, deleted acdsee, done a check disk scan, reset preferences and disabled GPU. I can't think of anything else to try.

I may be doing little or no scraping for awhile. Ugh.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Oh no!!!!!!! I wish I could help but I’m on a Mac.

Have you downloaded a new app recently? It sounds like you are having a incompatibility issue or a corrupting file. Are you trying to open the same file? What happens if you open PS by clicking on a Psd document instead of opening the program first?

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Ohh :no: that is horrible @bcgal00 did you recently have an update on your computer from windows 10 to 11?? You might have to roll it back to windows 10. I know that my photoshop can no longer get updates because my iMac is just too old and I think a lot of people have had problems with the newest version of windows. Just a thought??? Hope you can get it sorted out quickly!! Makes you want to throw it out the window I bet!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
ugh!! that is awful Rae. I have no advice for the computer itself.
If you need a quick scrap fix, have you heard of https://www.photopea.com/ ?
I have fooled around with it a few times and it is similar to my old version of PS.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Thx for the suggestions. I have tried all kinds of things but nothing until yesterday afternoon when I found a suggestion on going into the adobe folder, pulling the preference files out of there and then restarting PS which will create new preference files since the software is missing that folder. Then I was able to scrap a page. I will see today if it continues to work. I am not going to load actions/styles/brushes, etc until I know it is going to work. I got tricked 4-5 times with it working for a few minutes, so I would reload everything and then it would crash again. Fingers crossed.

I know it wasn't a plugin issue as I reactivated those and it didn't make a difference. I hadn't installed anything new. So if this latest effort isn't successful then I will call adobe and see if they have any other suggestions.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I don't know if you have an older version of PS on your computer? If not, maybe you can try to install an older version?

anke55

CHEERY O
So sorry, Rae! I hate when this stuff happens and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I hope you'll get it figured out!!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I was going to suggest what Marijke mentioned above, about going back to an older version............ I have problems with PSCC when versions have been updated and everything is just wonky so I just shut it down and go back to using an older version for a little while, them open the latest one after about a week or so. So far that has worked for me, but I really hate all the updates they do. Hope you are able to figure it all out, nothing worse when things don't work properly! xx