Oscraps

Printing - I need help!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I'd really need help with this. I have started to do a BoM by making digital layouts in A4 format. I wanted this format cuz it is what my printer wants. But when I made my Christmas letters and printed them - the pages got a bit dark and kinda greenish. I solved this this time by adding a solid color grey layer on top, changed the blending mode & lowered the opacity to make the page a bit lighter.

But I'm sure there must be something about the printing process that I can do to make it better?

I need any and every tip there is about printing your digital pages ... or this BoM will stay on the hard drive like every other layout I've ever made.

Rachel Jefferies

Designer
Designer
I had a hard time printing too at first and in the end I figured out that if I tried to print in landscape orientation it always printed dark - so weird - I’m wondering if that’s what happened to you too @tanteva , did you figure it out in the end?

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
No I was printing in portrait orientation. I have more or less given up on this. I was thinking of trying other papers, but gee, it was expensive. Sort of stopped there.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@tanteva Eva, are you printing out on an ink jet printer or laser printer at home? If so, in your printer settings do you have a choice to change the printer setting from "printer manages colour" to "photoshop manages colour" like in the screen shot below. (You might have something similar if not exactly the same text as mine.)
1654227405468.png

I have a Canon Inkjet T9565 and I normally use the Photoshop Manages Colors option, I also have to play around with the other colour settings sometimes and use the Manual setting so I can make it 'brighter'.
1654227679527.png
Unfortunately it all comes down to playing around and testing so make sure you have a second set of printer cartridges if you are using an inkjet printer.

Alternatively I will send my layouts to get printed into a book, or if I want to do some hybrid AJ type printing then I will email our local photocopier/printer the files I want photocopied and then just pick them up when I next go down town.

Hope that helps you a little bit. :)