Oscraps

Pre-Party Birthday Avatar/Meme Challenge 2024

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
1717441100373.jpeg
Who is ready for the 18th Oscraps Birthday Party? I hope that you are because it is almost here! I am Chris aka faerywings and I am excited to host this year's Avatar Challenge. This is me dancing~> :dancingbfly:
This is a just for Fun Challenge to get ready so it won't count towards the Grand Prizes but you still can get some goodies. First, you will get yourself into the Oscraps Party mOOd! And because the Oscraps designers are The Best, you will be eligible for these prizes:

FIRST PRIZE = $10
Daydream Designs

SECOND PRIZE = $5
Carol W Designs

THIRD PRIZE = $5
Vicki Stegall Designs

Oscraps is 18 and now a legal adult. Who remembers back when the internet and Oscraps were still young? The WWW sure has changed over the decades, even though we all look exactly the same. (Yes. We do.) One amusing part of the early internet days was talking about Grumpy Cat or Disaster Girl. Let's look at some old-school memes and create one as our avatar. The twist to make it party-ready is that it has to say Happy Birthday or be decorated with a birthday cake, balloons, or hat.

First, take a stroll down memory lane here:
Blast From The Past Memes
25 Old School Memes
You can find some oldies but goodies such as Dancing Baby, Success Kid, O RLY, and Spider and a Dog.
Second, catch your breath after laughing at how silly they are.
Third, Make your own meme using a meme generator, such as this one. Imgflip
Fourth, post back here and giggle at the new ones posted in this thread.

RULES:
Create an avatar or meme that includes either
"Happy birthday" or some other birthday decoration on it.

- Remember to keep it "clean" and "family-friendly" (per our Gallery Rules)

This challenge isn't eligible for the Grand Prize - it's just for fun and to get us in the Birthday Party Spirit.
You won't be adding your link to the Challenge Tracking Thread.

Adding your avatar/Meme from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your meme/avatar to the 18th Birthday Party (2024) gallery first.
2. In your post in the forum click the Gallery Embed (little camera icon).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the meme/avatar picture, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked meme/avatar is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.
4. For an avatar, read this guide as to how to insert it as an avatar picture HERE

I can't wait to see all of your memes/avatars filling up the gallery! If you have any questions, you can post them here.​

Last edited by a moderator:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Here is my avatar:
8snh9o.jpg
Some tips if you need help getting started:
- you can search for memes in the search box using keywords such as doge, brace yourselves, long cat, cheezburger cat, etc or you can scroll through and find whatever one you want to use
-the Oscraps avatars are round so I used the resize and drag/drop under the Options section and then placed my text in the middle of the meme. I created a new file 4x4 in Photoshop and fit it in the middle as best as I could. Don't worry if your meme gets chopped off at the ends :D
-remember the main objective is to get in the birthday party spirit so be creative and have fun
:birthaydog:

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Well, let's get this party started. I made my avatar/meme about Tuna, the little dog with the huge overbite. Tuna was a social media sensation and started appearing in about 2011. All of his words were typed as if he had a lisp. We had so much fun passing around Tuna memes.

Last edited:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Well, let's get this party started. I made my avatar/meme about Tuna, the little dog with the huge overbite. Tuna was a social media sensation and started appearing in about 2011. All of his words were typed as if he had a lisp. We had so much fun passing around Tuna memes.
hahahaha!! He was very funny!! Love the avatar!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I found a squirrel with a party hat from the link to create your own meme, so I made the squirrel have my face and added the 18 candles.
If I throw some peanuts to you, think you can catch them? You make an amazing squirrel! :lol23:

• Haha
Reactions: A-M