Oscraps

Photoshop Brushes Keep Disappearing

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Does anyone else have this problem or a solution to it? I'll open Photoshop and all the brushes I had installed, except for the default brushes, are gone.. It has happened to me several times. I've tried Googling it but have yet to find a good solution, so I thought I'd see if y'all had any ideas.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
That is strange! If I could figure out why half of the software behaves in certain ways one day and different the next, I would be a millionaire selling my "secrets" on the net LOL
The only thing I can think is perhaps the default brush preset got corrupted somehow?? Maybe create a new brush preset and see if that helps?

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
@scribler Cindy, i assume you’re using the full version of Photoshop and not Elements, right? From the research I did this morning, it seems to be a relatively common, but sporadic problem for which no one has a satisfactory answer. Many of the posters said they had tons of brushes loaded and when they reduced the number significantly the problem went away. Some say minor updates to CC fixed the issue. All suggested creating a new group for the all of the brushes you load regularly - even if they are from different designers - and then exporting those brushes to your hard drive so at the least if you need to reload them you can do so all at once. I know that’s not what you wanted to hear.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
@Vicki Robinson Yes, I am using full Photoshop. Seems you found most of the same info I did. I was hoping Oscraps held the secret that all of the Internet was seeking. lol Looks like I'm gonna need a Digiscrapping Brushes group. Cause I am very tired of loading and reloading. Thank you so much for your help.