Oscraps

Photos for layouts

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Do you use personal photos to scrap with, stock photos or both? I tend to use personal photos because I have my layouts made into monthly Chatbooks that I want to hand down to my kids and grandkids one day. However, I have seen such beautiful layouts using stock photos. I did, recently, make a layout with a photo from Pixabay.

Veronika

i mostly use my own photos, i take a lot of photos, especially impressions of everyday life and a lot of nature - and that always connects me to so many personal things and i then love to process my own photos in a layout
Very rarely do I take photos from others for certain challenges - certain topics

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
i mostly use my own photos, i take a lot of photos, especially impressions of everyday life and a lot of nature - and that always connects me to so many personal things and i then love to process my own photos in a layout
Very rarely do I take photos from others for certain challenges - certain topics
Your layouts and photos are always so beautiful!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
If it is a straight-up scrap page, then I prefer working with my own photos over stock. I enjoy the personal connection and memories. If it is a fantasy-style page, then either stock or no photo is my way to go.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
If it is a straight-up scrap page, then I prefer working with my own photos over stock. I enjoy the personal connection and memories. If it is a fantasy-style page, then either stock or no photo is my way to go.
You are so right! I think fantasy pages would work better with stock photos. I have also, recently, used no photos in layouts at the designer’s request. It’s not my usual style but was lots of fun!

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
About the only time I use a stock photo is for a fantasy page. Although, I'm sure I have done it occasionally for a page where a photo does not exist. (Like I'm about to use one for one of the art journaling challenges this month.)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
For my personal layouts, I always use my own photos. If I'm making a layout for a specific purpose, I try to use my own photos but not always. Sometimes a stock photo works better for a certain look I'm going for. But, that's typically for commercial purposes.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I occasionally use stock photos, usually because I don't have the right photo for a challenge. I recently have started doing more photoless layouts, but layouts using my own photos are the ones I like the best.

zanthia

CHEERY O
almost always stock photos - the only personal photos i could scrap are Zoey and there are so few good ones as she does not take good pics . I also do have permission from several photographers to use their photos( with crediting them) but have been doing more stock ones of late.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I mostly use my own. Occasionally, I'll use a photo from Pixabay if it's something very specific that I need for a challenge.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I only use photos that I have -BUT lately I have been getting into art journaling, and sometimes I don't have a photo that fits, so I snag a pixaby free image or two. My scrapping is 90% personal and family memories and 5% art that doesn't require personal photos.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Pretty much 100% stock images. I have completed my family history. I have very few personal photos. Family is not particularly interested in what I do.
I work pretty much in the arty genre and to create for designers so looking for just the right photo is part of the process.

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
Do you use personal photos to scrap with, stock photos or both? I tend to use personal photos because I have my layouts made into monthly Chatbooks that I want to hand down to my kids and grandkids one day. However, I have seen such beautiful layouts using stock photos. I did, recently, make a layout with a photo from Pixabay.
I only use photos I have taken, or photos others have taken at events. I make books to give to my sons at Christmas which document their year, and sometimes I make books of specific trips they have taken. Of course, I rely on them sending me their photos. I also make family history books using historical documents I have found. All ofthis keeps me pretty busy, so I don't look for photos unrelated tothe story I am telling.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I only use photos I have taken, or photos others have taken at events. I make books to give to my sons at Christmas which document their year, and sometimes I make books of specific trips they have taken. Of course, I rely on them sending me their photos. I also make family history books using historical documents I have found. All ofthis keeps me pretty busy, so I don't look for photos unrelated tothe story I am telling.
That is so wonderful! Photo books make such treasured gifts!

LSlycord

I use my own photos 99% of the time. (I can't think what that 1% is but it surely has happened.) I'm not very artsy, although I would love to be. However, I have so many memories to scrap...and I hope that they bring joy to my children when they are gone.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
My own photos! I am making yearly albums - got about seven in the making now lol - and try to be efficient with my scrapping. Though I occasionally make a layout just for fun to try out a kit or a technique...

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
My own photos! I am making yearly albums - got about seven in the making now lol - and try to be efficient with my scrapping. Though I occasionally make a layout just for fun to try out a kit or a technique...
That is awesome, Olga!

RJMJ

I pretty much always use Stock Photos...I have no problem with that either...There are amazing! ones out there & I am really picky which ones I use...And I feel my layouts can pack plenty of power & emotion also...even without personal photos...It is a matter of opinion...I know...The photos have to be just right for each layout I create....My layouts are mostly for artistic purposes but thay are all created with very much emotion behind them...They are all about feelings...I have been told by my friends that I wear my heart on my sleeve...and I guess that's true...It can be good for scrapbooking creative purposes...but not necessarily good for life...My emotions get the best of me at times...Although,I did recently scrap & upload to my gallery here...a layout white space style...with a personal double rainbow photo...

So I don't have many personal photos that would work for these kind of artistic layouts...I do create some personal art journal pages about myself every now & then & sometimes include a photo of me...but not lately...I also have a few layouts with my Dad & me,my brother & my Grandpa & Grandma in my gallery...but again...not that many...I have created pages about my Mom,who has passed on now...But that isn't here...It was before I came here,so they are at another gallery...I would like to create more pages about my mom...but it is so hard for me emotionally...to do so...especially right now...My emotions are all over the place,especially with all my physical pain...& now my husband is Really sick...& I am having to take care of him & do all the things he once did for me...Things are tough right now for us once again...Although...I have taken a few pics of myself,I took the other day for fun...First time in months...I don't like the photos...I don't feel they really look like me...Bad,me looking sick photos...My hair is grown out now with no hair color...I really don't like them...I had to grow out my hair out of necessity because I can't use a hair dryer...I needed an easier hairstyle to deal with...I'm trying to muster the strength to scrap a couple of them...