Oscraps

Paula Kesselring’s New Monthly Mix-It-Up Challenge - Yin/Yang Challenge - September

paula kesselring

Welcome to Paula Kesselring’s new monthly Mix-It-Up Challenge!
To start off, we have a Yin/Yang Challenge:

"Everyone has two sides, good and evil, a light side and a dark side. We live in a world of duality, where there is good, there will be bad. We experience joy because pain exists.

I do believe there are two sides to not only everyone, but everything.
Just like love and hate are both very similar, people try to hide who they love, just like some hide who they hate, others show off their love, while some love to show the world how much they hate it.

Funny thing is, though love and hate are supposedly opposites, they have so much in common, and they are both common all over the planet.
Quiet people will talk, and loud ones will have their quiet time. "

So I want to challenge each of us to take a look at our two sides.

Here’s a FREEBIE to get you started:

And here's my page for this Challenge:

RULES:
* Divided visually somehow your page to emphasize the two opposites sides.
* Use two complementary, but opposites/contrasting colors (black vs white) to build the page.
* Use 2 different kind of fonts or alphas.
* A photo is not required. but you CAN include them, stock photos are okay!
* Use something from Paula Kesselring. You may use this month’s freebie, or anything from my shop.
* Mix-It-Up with things from other designers.
* POST your PAGE in Paula’s gallery by 5:00 PM on the last day of the month
* AND POST your PAGE in this thread and post a LINKto your page in the Gallery, so we can leave you some love in the comments there!

HERE ARE A FEW OF MY PRODUCTS TO INSPIRE YOU:

And here’s a link to the Oscraps Freebies Category in the shop.

PRIZES:

Mr.Random will select one entry for a $5.00 coupon to my shop. Winners will be announced on the first of next month.

Last edited by a moderator:

anneofalamo

I just am poppin in to say wow! I was in the gallery here, and page after page I clicked to leave love was for this challenge! wow!!

paula kesselring

OMG girls like Anne said stunning pages one after another in the gallery!!!!!!
WOW!!!
Thanks for playing and for all lovely comments here!!!!

purlz76

I didn't notice the black-vs-white rule until it is too late. Nevertheless, I had fun putting this page together. :)

paula kesselring

I didn't notice the black-vs-white rule until it is too late. Nevertheless, I had fun putting this page together. :)

Love to see your page for the challenge and I saw your comment and you can use any color you want!!!!But they have to be 2 like you did!!!

Love the color and design with all the ellies and alpha!!!!
Thanks for playing with us!!!!
:wave:

sandsock

This is my two sides...one tries to make games of things, the other just thinks we should soldier through.
2013-09-work.jpg
https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/data/1473/medium/2013-09-work.jpg

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Wow these are all so amazing!! I'm still working on mine, hope to have it done soon!!

easyeyes4you

WOW!!! There are some amazing pages here...Going to have to see if I can come up with something, but feeling a bit inferior after looking at all the off the wall interpretations!!!!!:whoo:

suruha

Oh, my! I feel like such an amateur! LOL
I always seem to miss your challenges, Paula. But, I made this one a point to do! I enjoyed it! I also learned a little something about my two sides. So, thanks! LOL

I posted my image in the Gallery

su_YinYang-600_zpsbc2beea5.jpg

Ya'll have done some amazing work, here! Gracious! LOL

Su

suruha

I just want to tell you that your piece is inspiring to me to open up - be real with myself. Thank you!

All of these inspire me in some way. I'm fairly new to art-journaling, though I kept bound journals for years. Writing that others can see is very new! LOL Ya'lls boldness is refreshing!

such a great challenge ...i love it .....
here is mine page for it :