Oscraps

Oscraps Book Club

Caro

CHEERY O
It has previously been shared here before that Amazon gives out one free First Reads book a month (sometimes 2 free books :wizard1:) to Amazon Prime members and I was thinking maybe we can start a monthly Oscraps book club (not sure if that's been done here before but if it has then let's start another one :grouphugyay:) so if you'd like to join just read at least one book a month; post your selection in this thread and then come back to this thread after reading it and tell us about it. If you do not have Amazon prime feel free to submit any book you've read this month :D
Link to Amazon First Reads: https://www.amazon.com/firstreads/
Here is my first reads selection for May:
mWiNOY7.jpg

Award-nominated author Beth Cato’s latest fantasy, A Thousand Recipes for Revenge, is The Three Musketeers meets The Great British Bake Off. With its historical French flair and utterly unique culinary magic, it is quite literally a marriage of my favorite TV show and my favorite genre.

In this epic novel of swashbuckling adventure set in a reimagined Grand Siècle France, Cato introduces us to a world where the gods interact with humans via the preparation of enchanted food. And two women who don’t seem to know each other at all, one a Chef and the other destined for something even greater, realize their connection goes far deeper than either imagined. They must ultimately work together to mete out justice and bring their country back from the brink of war.

Whether you pair this book with a glass of red, the creamiest Brie, or a slice of bread warm from the oven, you are in for a treat.

—Adrienne Procaccini, Editor

HAPPY READING
4KZzwSF.gif

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I think it's a good idea. I've started the scrap your book a few months ago, but time is always an issue. Of course everyone can join both, but no matter what people want to do, I love to read, I always love to know what others are reading and how they feel about it, and I love to talk about books.
So I hope this thread will be visited a lot!

Caro

CHEERY O
I think it's a good idea. I've started the scrap your book a few months ago, but time is always an issue. Of course everyone can join both, but no matter what people want to do, I love to read, I always love to know what others are reading and how they feel about it, and I love to talk about books.
So I hope this thread will be visited a lot!
OOh maybe they can go together lol submit book here then scrap :grouphugyay:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Ohhhhhhhhhh darn it!!!!!!! :rollingpin1::tongue3: ~> at myself
That was my original pick for First Reads. I thought I would wait a few days, recheck the reviews and then decide.
I literally -- like 5 minutes before I came here- "bought" a different book.
I 100% would have picked that instead. Darn it darn it darn it!

I'll try again next month, I promise!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
That's a good idea, Caro. I'm running a couple of Prime books behind. I'm just finishing "The Keeper of Happy Endings" by Barbara Davis. I loved it so much that I read the book on my Kindle and now I'm listening to it on audio.

Golden Hills by Jennifer Weiner was my pick for May.

Kythe

CHEERY O
I am afraid I like to have a book in my hands so the Amazon special is out for me. I have to rely on my Library to get books. I do take some of the suggestions here and run them through the library search. Sometimes I get lucky.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I am afraid I like to have a book in my hands so the Amazon special is out for me. I have to rely on my Library to get books. I do take some of the suggestions here and run them through the library search. Sometimes I get lucky.
That's all well and good, Karen. I was the same way for years, but we've moved a few times and "real" books had become kind of a hinderance to move - my husband had collections of books from when he was a boy. We found book collectors who were happy to take some of our book collections off our hands. I have access to over 800 books on my Kindle and have relegated myself to reading on there as well as my iPhone on the Kindle App. Lately, I've enjoyed listening to audo books on the "Scribed" app. We moved boxes and boxes of books for so many years and finally wearied of it. We were re-located quite often and it was really difficult to give them up.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I was 100% "book in hands" until the pandemic when I couldn't physically go to the library. Now I am too lazy to go to the library itself so downloading books is good for me. My library didn't have the best selection either, most of the books I wanted had to be reserved from another library in the county system.
I have to have a book for beach/outside reading though. My town has a couple of Little Libraries and I want to drop off and possibly pick up some for this season

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Here in Canada we don't get the amazon prime free books unfortunately. I'll be checking the thread though to see what you gals read and what you think of each book.