Oscraps

netflix recommendations

zanthia

CHEERY O
its been about a year since i have had netflix and i just got it over the weekend - the ad version. will probably keep it for a couple of months. So far the ads have not been bad at all.

unfortunately had to create a new account so dont have the list of shows i have watched.

looking for suggestions for shows and movies that have come out from aug 2022 to the present day
watching Wednesday now. on my list to watch is current season of sweet tooth, witcher , ginny and georgia.

I like all kind of shows/movies from comedy to drama to horror and more.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Ragnarok! 3rd season is coming on Thursday.
1899 - unfortunally cancelled after only one season.
I love Heartstopper. Other good ones: Snowpiercer, Manifest, Into The Night & the sort-of-sequel Yakamoz S-45, Undercover & sequel Ferry (more to come in November).

We just finished Ozark, which was great. Just started on Peaky Blinders.

Caro

CHEERY O
Haven't really watched anything on Netflix since Bridgerton and Queen Charlotte and this isn't recent but I HIGHLY recommend Anne With An E if you haven't watched it yet. Sadly it was cancelled after season 3, one of their worst decisions ever but it's still worth watching.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
its been about a year since i have had netflix and i just got it over the weekend - the ad version. will probably keep it for a couple of months. So far the ads have not been bad at all.

unfortunately had to create a new account so dont have the list of shows i have watched.

looking for suggestions for shows and movies that have come out from aug 2022 to the present day
watching Wednesday now. on my list to watch is current season of sweet tooth, witcher , ginny and georgia.

I like all kind of shows/movies from comedy to drama to horror and more.
Netflix has been awful with canceling good shows too soon. I will die on the hill that they should never have canceled Santa Clarita Diet. I'll be complaining about that to my grave.
I thought 1899 was cool and trippy. Def. worth a watch.

Sitcoms:
Derry Girls (put on subtitles!)
Unstable
Cunk on Earth
The Good Place

Wentworth
Haunting of Hill House
Shadow and Bone
Russian Doll
Stranger Things
Peaky Blinders

That's a pretty broad range of genres so you might find something good in there :)

zanthia

CHEERY O
Ragnarok! 3rd season is coming on Thursday.
1899 - unfortunally cancelled after only one season.
I love Heartstopper. Other good ones: Snowpiercer, Manifest, Into The Night & the sort-of-sequel Yakamoz S-45, Undercover & sequel Ferry (more to come in November).

We just finished Ozark, which was great. Just started on Peaky Blinders.
wanted to watch ragnorak but its not in english . looked up 1899 and it seems as though it is several languages - is that correct. unless it is 90% english it is a no go as i subtitlesare ouit of the question and i heard netflix dubbing is awful.

forgot about manifest moving to netflix , watched it when on network and i do want to watch the end of it. thanks for the reminder. finished ozark last year . will look into heartstopper.

zanthia

CHEERY O
Haven't really watched anything on Netflix since Bridgerton and Queen Charlotte and this isn't recent but I HIGHLY recommend Anne With An E if you haven't watched it yet. Sadly it was cancelled after season 3, one of their worst decisions ever but it's still worth watching.
anne with an e was fabulous - was also sad it was cancelled. queen charlotte is definitely a must see for me as I loved bridgerton - thanks!

zanthia

CHEERY O
Netflix has been awful with canceling good shows too soon. I will die on the hill that they should never have canceled Santa Clarita Diet. I'll be complaining about that to my grave.
I thought 1899 was cool and trippy. Def. worth a watch.

Sitcoms:
Derry Girls (put on subtitles!)
Unstable
Cunk on Earth
The Good Place

Wentworth
Haunting of Hill House
Shadow and Bone
Russian Doll
Stranger Things
Peaky Blinders

That's a pretty broad range of genres so you might find something good in there :)
santa clarita was so good. as mentioned above 1899 is a no go unless it is almost all english

why subtitles for derry girls as that is an english show - are the accents that bad.

stranger things finished last year but shadow and bone is one i need season 2 for - thanks.,

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
why subtitles for derry girls as that is an english show - are the accents that bad.
It's Northern Ireland and yes, the accents and words are that "bad." I can usually pick up accents after a few episodes, like in Peaky Blinders, but hoo boy not this one. I can understand most of it, bt there are a few things that were impossible. But the show is hysterical, laugh-out-loud funny. Give it a try!

zanthia

CHEERY O
It's Northern Ireland and yes, the accents and words are that "bad." I can usually pick up accents after a few episodes, like in Peaky Blinders, but hoo boy not this one. I can understand most of it, bt there are a few things that were impossible. But the show is hysterical, laugh-out-loud funny. Give it a try!
there have been shows in the past that have had such thick english accents that were imposssible to understand. I just stopped watching as subtitles in not an option for me.

Renate3380

Virgin River is so addictive! :giggle4:
Next best thing for me is;
Sweet Magnolias
Sex education (only 4 seasons)
Working moms
Lucifer
Riverdale